Use JSLink to Deliver Rich Uis and Customizations
Mike Oryszak – B&R Business Solutions
SPS NYC – 7/30/2016
Sr Solution Architect w/ B&R Business Solutions
5x Microsoft SharePoint MVP (2010-2014)
Dev and Architect on MS Stack since 1996
Working with SharePoint since 2002
@next_connect – http://mikeoryszak.com
We appreciated you supporting the
New York SharePoint Community!
• Diamond, Platinum, Gold, & Silver have
tables scattered throughout
• Please visit them and inquire about their
products & services
• To be eligible for prizes make sure to get
your bingo card stamped by ALL sponsors
• Raffle at the end of the day and you must
be present to win!
• Slides / Demo will be posted on Lanyrd.com
• Photos posted to our Facebook page
• Tweet Us - @SPSNYC or #SPSNYC
• Sign Up for our NO SPAM mailing list for all conference
news & announcements
• Problems / Questions / Complaints / Suggestions
• Visit ExtaCloud’s booth for wrist bands!
Scallywag's Irish Pub
508 9th Ave, between 38th & 39th.
[6 minutes walk]
Scallywags also serves food.
• Rendering in SharePoint
• What is JSLink?
• Why use JSLink?
• Script Registration
RENDERING IN SHAREPOINT
• Traditionally SharePoint relied on server side processing (2001->2010)
• XSLT based search results
• List views
• List forms
• Dataview web part
• For efficiency (optimized downloads, faster rendering) MS moved to Client Side
Rendering with SharePoint 2013
• Scripts on Demand (SOD)
• Display templates for roll-up rendering
WHAT IS JSLINK?
• JSLink supports binding a custom client side script to a list view, form, or app in
order to override the default client side rendering
• With the injected script, you have control over when it fires (pre or post rendering)
• You can manipulate specific fields or the entire item
WHY USE JSLINK?
• Supported method for tapping into the CSR flow
• Can generate robust content displays
• Can enhance forms for dependent dropdowns or data lookups
• Can load other content, use conditional formatting, or add actions