Speed up your SharePoint Online
portal to mach 1
Rick Van Rousselt
Office 365 / SharePoint consultant
Working with SharePoint since 2010
Currently focussed on Office 365 and AzureEmail : firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciated you supporting the
New York SharePoint Community!
• Diamond, Platinum, Gold, & Silver have
tables scattered throughout
• Please visit them and inquire about their
products & services
• To be eligible for prizes make sure to get
your bingo card stamped by ALL sponsors
• Raffle at the end of the day and you must
be present to win!
• Slides / Demo will be posted on Lanyrd.com
• Photos posted to our Facebook page
• Tweet Us - @SPSNYC or #SPSNYC
• Sign Up for our NO SPAM mailing list for all conference
news & announcements
• Problems / Questions / Complaints / Suggestions
Object cache in SharePoint online
FIRST THINGS FIRST
ESTABLISH A BASE LINE
• Don’t trust your users
• Measurement is knowledge
• Don’t rush this part. (1st day of the week/month/quarter/…)
• Free (sort of)
• Capture custom events
• Web tests
• Metric alerts
• Integration into Git and Visual Studio Team Services
• in-memory data structure store
• Stores key-value pairs
• Let’s you operate on the values. Ex: increment value
• No memory of app’s server consumed
• Backup’s possible
• Cache can be distributed over multiple instances
• Visit ExtaCloud’s booth for wrist bands!
Scallywag's Irish Pub
508 9th Ave, between 38th & 39th.
[6 minutes walk]
Scallywags also serves food.
Code available on :
Slides on http://lanyrd.com/2016/spsnyc.
Cache can be distributed over multiple instances of web apps. Does not interfere with memory of server. Not cleared at deployment time.
Thinks about caching architecture. Don’t put everything in cache.