Be the first to like this
Employee whistleblower reward and retaliation claims under a range of laws, such as the Sarbanes-Oxley and Dodd-Frank Acts, are on the rise. Whistleblowers have recently obtained record jury verdicts and record awards, including a $30 million bounty from the SEC and a $6 million verdict in a SOX retaliation case.
This program addresses the latest developments in whistleblower rewards and retaliation laws including:
• Implications of recent record whistleblower awards, including a $30 million SEC bounty;
• Scope of protected whistleblowing under the Sarbanes-Oxley and Dodd-Frank Acts
• Drawing the lines of SOX coverage one year post-Lawson;
• Recent decisions on causation and same-decision defense, including Feldman and Speegle;
• SEC enforcement of Dodd-Frank anti-retaliation provision and SEC prohibition against gag clauses;
• OSHA enforcement trends; and
• Tips for encouraging internal reporting.