Sabbath and Snow Days
"Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six
days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the
seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it
you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or
daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor
your animals, nor the alien within your gates. 11 For in
six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the
sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the
seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath
day and made it holy.
God commands us to rest and to let
the earth to rest!
Is Sabbath Part of Your Life?
•I take Sabbath time every week.
Time apart is important.
•I take some down time now and
•Vacations are my Sabbath.
•Sabbath is overrated. I like staying
•Who has time to rest? I will sleep
when I die.
Exodus 16:9-30 teaches us
• God provides in unexpected ways (manna)
just as we need him to.
• Don't hoard or things will go rotten
• Rest on the seventh day, just as God rested. If
it's good enough for God it should be good
enough for us to do!
• Share your idea of Sabbath and
• Is Sabbath still important?
• How has Sabbath changed over the
last 30-40 years?
• Discuss how Sabbath can help the
Field Trip Planned!
• July 22nd at 10:30 am
• Sonoco Recycling
111 S. Rogers Lane
• Tour is 1 hour and if interest we will go to
• Parking is limited so they ask that we
Sabbath Ideas for us
• Seek rest from daily occupation
• Share with others in worship
• Take time with God’s word
• Engage in acts of compassion
• Enjoy activities that refresh and renew
Sabbath Ideas for the earth
• Don’t turn on lights, TV or computer
for a day
• Bike or walk to church
• Avoid pre-packaged foods. Eat
leftovers on Sunday!
• Don’t use disposable products for the
day (juice boxes, paper plates, plastic
forks, fast food)
• Sabbath-keeping reconnects us with our purpose..
• A day to simplify and make do with less.