Laws to know before doing Voice
We / I are not lawyers and this article is not intended as legal advice. This article is just an opinion
and not legal advice. You should seek the services of a lawyer for legal advice on voice broadcast.
Recently, the FTC has changed the TSR (Telemarketing Sales Rule) regarding pre-recorded messages
that restrict much voice transmission. This was a response to the large number of allegations of
abuse of voice broadcasting and illegal activities taking place.
Basically the changes say that you cannot call a residence with a pre-recorded phone call without the
prior consent of the recipient of the call. Here is a summary of the new laws:
1. Prohibit pre-recorded telemarketing sales calls unless the caller has previously received the call
recipient is signed, written agreement or contract with E -sign to receive pre-recorded telephone
2. Exempt health care related pre-recorded telephone calls are subject to HIPAA.
3. Exclude all charitable solicitation calls to previous donors, but require that such calls are an option
to opt -out.
4. Ending the FTC’s current policy not to enforce the rules on TSR voice transmission.
5. Allow sellers to express disseminate existing or former clients for a year without support
agreements E – sign written or.
A couple of things that are not limited by the new laws are:
1. Business to Business Broadcasting
2. Calls only informative
3. The policy calls
4. Non-profit calls to donors or members
5. Banks, health insurers, and others are partially exempt.
There is something different between calls made within a state (intra- state) and the state of the call
state (intermediate state).
So this September last month new rules have changed the industry, but still allow many forms of
broadcasting your legitimate and legal.
Finally, knowing the voice broadcasting laws as they change is very important if you continue to use
this powerful communication tool.
For more information about how , hosted predictive dialer, call centerVoice Broadcasting Software
management software, auto dialer, Hosted PBX, Cloud PBX and IVR software may work for your
small business visit the LeadsRain.com