The mouth of the Atlantic Sturgeon is on
the bottom of its body.
Atlantic sturgeon were plentiful when
the colonists settled this country.
Consider these facts from the Maryland
Dept. of Natural Resources website:
• “Early settlers reported huge schools leaping
from the Susquehanna and James River, and
referred to sturgeon as navigational hazards.”
• “An American officer during the Revolution
had his leg broken by a ten foot sturgeon that
leaped into his boat as he rowed across the
Potomac at Georgetown.”
Read the first 2 paragraphs of this article:
Find the answers to these 2 questions:
• How long have sturgeon been on this earth (as
far as we can figure)?
• Why did they almost disappear from this area?
What kind of fish performs brain
A neuro–sturgeon !!
Visit this site to answer the
questions your homework paper.
• Dept. of Natural Resources, State of Maryland,
website. (2008). Retrieved on November 21, 2010
• Tour provided by Dept. of Natural Resources
Cedarville State Forest
10201 Bee Oak Road
Brandywine MD 20613