Having brilliant conversations is more than being witty or showing you're an expert. It's about clear communication:
- To successfully merge different companies or boost sales, your day should be filled with brilliant conversations.
- Leaders have to be more than good communicators; they have to be good translators.
- Clarify your conversations.
- What’s your goal? Know what you’re trying to accomplish. Categorize each talk up front.
- Tell it. Introduce your topic.
- Get grounded. Remind staff members of your vision. “Paint the bigger picture.”
- Gather feedback. Involve your team.
- Listen actively to what your people are saying.
- Give jargon the boot. Has corporate speak become your native language?
- Keep it simple. Use simple clear directives that emotionally connect people to what they have to do and why.
Let’s keep the conversation going. @rosefass leadingbittersweetchange.com