1. Maintenance Costs
• When renting out a property, you must
include the maintenance costs in order to
figure out your finances.
• You should have a “rainy day” fund for
• Things happen: air conditioners break, storms
happen and cause damage, etc. Be prepared!
• Setting aside a monthly amount into a
designated place will help you to always be
prepared for anything!
2. Taxes, Taxes, Taxes
• You need to always be aware of the cost of
takes in your area.
• If your area’s tax rates are too high, you might
end up with a negative cash flow.
• Make sure that you consult with a professional
in order to establish whether you need to
invest at home or somewhere nearby with a
lower tax rate.
• Having a sale on your goods or want to have a
sale to get rid of some old stuff?
• Some property managers won’t let you post
signs, so be aware shares Brian Fielding.
• Always ask if there is an option to have a
building-side advertisement to get more
exposure for your business!
4. Build Strong and Lasting
• More than likely, you’ll need a partner to go in
on a commercial real estate investment.
• Build relationships with the influential people
in your community…you never know when it
might benefit you!
5. Seek Out Help if You Need it
• At the end of the day, your best option might
be to ask a professional to help guide you
through the process.
• For more information, visit