• The sound that comes from in the scene.
• E.g. talking, noise of cars, the wind, music
from a radio etc.
• Example from jaws when a shark attack
happens the music starts so the audience
know that the shark is coming. Also in the film
psycho, the shower scene when the girl is
attacked in the shower and the screeching
sound comes on.
• The sound put on a film during post-production
• Music soundtrack
• Sound effects like a crescendo
• Example from jaws when the music starts
• Build up of sound or music to imply something is
about to happen.
• Example from the god father when there in the
restaurant and Michael shots the two men
Where the music or sound dies down, as if a
threat has gone away.
Example from csi strip strangler when the
women is in bed and she wakes up and there’s
a man in front of her bed to strangle her
• A short, sharp, loud noise, often used to
emphasise a shock of fear
• Example from paranormal activity trail when
the door slams and the scene changes