Academic skills for computer
karunya devi S.T
BSC IT (A)
What is Learning?
•Learning is the process of acquiring new
lues,attitudes and preferences.
•Learning is something which is not done to
students rather something students do
Nature of Learning
•Modification of behaviour is Learning .
•Learning depends on practice and experience.
•Learning is acquiring new experience.
•Learning is a continous process.
Benefits of learning
•To improve brain functioning.
•To make new friends and meet new people.
•To be involved with community
•To gain more knowledge
Types of Learning
• Social learning(groups or with other people)
• Musical /Auditory (sound and music)
• Visual learning (picture and images)
• Verbal learning (words both in speech and writing)
Types of Learners
•critical learning and applying experimental
• Reflective learning involves students thinking about what
they have read,done or learned.
• Relating the lessons in hand to their lives .
• Making meaning out of the material
• Its more than just memorizing some facts and formulas..
ADVANTAGE of Reflective learning
•Accepting responsiblity for learning and personal
•Becoming aware of your motives with your
•seeing a link between the work you are putting
into learning and what you get back
•Becoming aware of your internal thinking
•systematic learning is defined as those
behaviour,performance and /or outcomes
that are accomplished in a series of
regmented, thought out of steps that lead to
a specific accomplishment of a specific
objective or behaviour.