Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 14 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
Continuous Delivery - Voxxed Days Cluj-Napoca 2017
● 11.6 seconds Mean time between deployments (weekday)
● 1,079 Max # of deployments in a single hour
● 10,000 Mean # of hosts simultaneously receiving a
● 30,000 Max # of hosts simultaneously receiving a
So, how does the
delivery look like?
Centralized QA IT Operations
Analysis + Design
Testing + Showcase
Integration + QA
Release and operation
"Acceptance testing is a test performed to determine if
the business requirements or contracts are met. It
involves black-box testing against the complete system
from the user perspective and its positive result should
imply the acceptance for the software delivery."
"Spring Boot makes it easy to create stand-alone,
production-grade Spring based Applications that you
can 'just run'. We take an opinionated view of the
Spring platform and third-party libraries so you can get
started with minimum fuss. Most Spring Boot
applications need very little Spring configuration."
Spring Boot features
● Create stand-alone Spring applications
● Embed Tomcat or Jetty directly (no need to deploy WAR files)
● Provides a 'starter' POM to simplify the Maven configuration
● Automatically configure Spring whenever possible (CoC)
● Provide production-ready features such as metrics, health
checks and externalized configuration
● No code generation and no XML configuration
Deploy to Staging
● Each server has to be configured
● Different environment in staging and production
● Different Java version for different applications
● Applications using the same ports
Issues with virtualization
● Low performance: Virtual machine emulates the whole
computer architecture, so there is a significant overhead
● High resource consumption: Emulation requires a lot of
resources and has to be done separately for each application.
● Large image size: Each application is delivered with the full
ADD build/libs/vox0.0.1SNAPSHOT.jar app.jar