Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 14 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
Distributed Locking in Kubernetes
● Cloud-Native Team Lead at Hazelcast
● Worked at Google and CERN
● Author of the book "Continuous Delivery
with Docker and Jenkins"
● Trainer and conference speaker
● Live in Kraków, Poland
● Distributed Company
● Open Source Software
● 140+ Employees
○ Hazelcast IMDG
○ Hazelcast Jet
○ Hazelcast Cloud
Reasons for Distributed Locking
○ prevent executing the same work more than once, e.g.,
performing some expensive calculation
○ failing lock results in some additional costs or some
○ prevent data corruption, data loss, inconsistency
○ failing lock results in some serious problems with the
Libraries for Kubernetes Native Distributed Locking
● Lockgate: cross-platform locking library with distributed locks
● Kube-lock: simple library that implements a distributed lock
using annotations on a Kubernetes resource
● Code for this presentation:
● How to do distributed locking:
● Distributed Locks are Dead; Long Live Distributed Locks!