• Scorpion Software produces “user
authentication” software that provides
numerous for determining that a user is who
they say they are.
• Can sell globally.
• Their software helps with a ton of industry
compliance laws such as CJIS, HIPAA, and PCI
• The only sell through their channel partners.
Engine Snapshot (Blueprint)
• Buyer Persona – IT service provider or
managed service provider
• Info Categories – password security, multi
factor authentication, compliance
• TOFU offers – approximately 15
• MOFU offers – 10+
• Sales offer – Product demo, assessment, and
– Phenomenal YOY growth in lead volume.
– Over 50% growth in leads generated per month.
– Many of our leads are sales qualified (request
– Organic is our primary driver of SQLs and sales
– Rounds of A/B testing have proven successful
– LinkedIn advertising campaigns convert at very
high rates (some above 20-40%) which means a
– Overall keyword performance has been strong
since we started blogging in July.
– Our section of the blog “Insights in IT Security”
has had long-term sustained growth
• It only grows “organically”. We pull in traffic from highly
• Traffic to Insights converts at higher rates than the
same sources to the main site.
– We’ve been able to push from 1.1% (prior to
working with us) to 1.5%+
• Problem Areas
– A few months ago, a new client contact took over.
He was the VP of Sales and is now the VP of Sales
– Our blog is “hidden” from view. You can’t find it
from the main site. The only way to find it is
through organic sources of traffic.
– The site is built on wordpress, of which we don’t
have access. There’s little we can do to adjust
individual pages. They have yet to find an internal
web dev after losing theirs in January.
• Problem Areas
– Content demands are heavy. They require two
whitepapers per month, and 12 blogs.
– We’re working towards a 2% sitewide conversion
rate, but 50% of their traffic goes to pages not meant
• Software tutorials
• File downloads
• Help documents
– Despite strong long-term growth, client will get
concerned about monthly, and even
– Our social media partner is not hitting their KPIs
• We’re up 6.5% in traffic and 4.16% in leads
over last quarter.
– Paid search and AB testing has paid off.
However, conversion is down 0.03%. Content
production has increased this quarter (10-12 per
month) vs. much of last quarter (8 per month).
• In the short-term, moving towards our goal of
2% conversion is heavily dependent on paid
search due to it’s high conversion rate
• We’re not receiving the volume we need from
paid search. If we can increase linkedin ad
traffic, while maintaining a 10%+ conversion
rate, that will really help in driving up our site-
wide conversion rate.
• How can we increase social media results
along the following KPIs:
– Fan/follower counts
• Our hands are partially tied in regards to
conversion rate. We have plenty of offers, we do
A/B testing, but we’re subject to the following
– Can’t adjust internal site pages for conversion due to
lack of access
– Half of our traffic is not meant to convert (i.e.
downloading essential software files or accessing help
• Despite these conditions, are there other things
we could be doing to push conversion rates up?