January , 21, 2017
Jordan Association of Certified
Founded in 1987, the Jordan Association of Certified Public Accountants(“JACPA” or
“Association”) enjoys a corporate body as well as financial and administrative
independence that enables JACPA to perform all legal acts required to achieve the
Association’s both long and short term objectives
• JACPA is represented by a Board of directors which is consist of chairman and 8
members, who act as a liaison between the Association and official authorities both
regionally and globally
• In addition to JACPA’s president, the general assembly consisting of 619 members,
is responsible for:
• Approving the Association’s annual report;
• Accrediting annual budgets and financial statements;
• Appointing a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) to audit the Association’s accounts; and
• Election of the Board of Directors.
Board of Directors’ Roles & Responsibilities
• Manage the financial and administrative affairs of the
• Firmly establish the roles of professional behavior and
coordinate with the Supreme Commission to adopt audit and
• Form committees from the Board of Directors and manage the
cooperation, health insurance and retirement fund pertaining to
Time line of the Profession
• Prior 1961 there was no regulating law for the
• profession Regulator law (10/61) was issued in
the year 1961.
• Profession Regulator law (32) for the year 1985
was then issued and set the profession exam.
• JACPA was founded in the year 1987.
• An amended profession regulator Law was issued
in the year 2003.