• AutoIt v3 is a freeware automation language for Microsoft
• It is the combination of the emulation of key press, mouse
movement and window manipulation to perform automatic tasks
(GUIs and common operations) in a way that other languages
can not do or do not accurately.
• Hello Framgia
• Auto install CCleaner
• Auto reply YM!
• Scripting language with BASIC-like structure for Windows
Desktop Environment (simple).
• Add-on libraries and modules for specific applications.
• On-line support forum for AutoIt users and developers.
• Supports TCP and UDP protocols.
• Supports COM (component object modelling) objects.
• Can call Win32 DLLs and API functions.
• Run console applications and access the standard streams.
• Create GUI interfaces, including message and input boxes.
• Play sounds, pause, resume, stop, seek, get the current position
of the sound and get the length of the sound.
• Simulate mouse movements.
• Manipulate windows and processes.
• Automate sending user input and keystrokes to applications, as
well as to individual controls within an application.
• Scripts can be compiled into standalone executable ones.
• Unicode support from version 184.108.40.206.
• 64-bit code support from version 220.127.116.11.
• Supports regular expressions.
• Works with Windows Vista's User Account Control.
• Object oriented design through a library
• Be distributed with an IDE based on the free SciTE editor.
• Include files in the compiled file to be extracted when run
-> Decompile easily
• Use a classical data model, using a variant data type that can
store several types of data, including arrays
• -> Debug difficultly
• Single threaded which makes asynchronous programming,
concurrency and parallelism (e.g. communications applications)
• AutoIt applications sometimes get a false positive report from
virus scanners using heuristics, because the application is a self
• Produce utility software for Microsoft Windows
• Automate common tasks, such as software installation, website
monitoring, network monitoring, disk defragging and backup.
• Simulate application users, whereby an application is driven by
an AutoIt script in place of manual application control
during software testing.
• Develop computer game bots, for automating in-game tasks
• ….Develop virus ;(