FEEL THE LOVE
"The fact that you give us no logging, no real information around the
attacks, and no capability to export the logs from the device limits my
capability to troubleshoot my own issues. It is absolutely horrible. Just
give me my logs. They are MY logs. Not YOUR logs."
"A device protected by the BOX will have an IP as 172.24.1.XXX” But,
pray tell: what is an “IP” and where, specifically, on my phone list of
devices, would I find it?
FEATURE VS FEELING
Nobody wants an intrusion detection system or an engine
that will detect anomalies in their devices’ behavior.
WHO READS THE
JUST IN CASE,
1. Ask all the questions. And then ask yourself if you have more questions.
2. When it comes to R&D and UX, making each side equally unhappy is a good compromise.
3. When it comes to your users, choose a side, make the few love you, not the many like you.
4. Your product’s biggest strengths are not always what’s valuable for your users.
5. Make the user feel that they understand your product. And make it fast.
a.k.a. 5 things to take home with you: