Salford City College
Eccles Sixth Form Centre
BTec Level 3
Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production
Job Role Specification
Name: Daniel Nye
An animator is an artist who creates multiple images that give an illusion of movement called animation when
displayed in rapid sequence; the images are called frames and key frames. Character animation is a specialized
area of the animation process, which involves bringing animated characters to life.
• Exceptional skill in animating realistic human characters.
• Expert user of MotionBuilder.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills allowing effective collaboration with a wide variety of
• Strong organisational, problem solving and time management skills.
• Computer Programming/Scripting experience
• 6 years’ experience in Computer Graphics
• 4 years’ experience on console game development
• Experience with animating complex and nuanced facial performances
• Very good at meeting deadlines
• Works very well in a team
• Passion for playing and developing video games