LinkedIn is often seen as a professional networking platform rather than one to build a community on. It is still a platform where community managers should be investing their time and efforts in building relations with their community, especially using Interest Groups. LinkedIn also serves as a great tool to connect with influencers in your industry. Take a look at these 10 essential tips for community managers:
1. Take the opportunity to connect with influencers in your industry by adding them to your network.
2. LinkedIn is a great place to find potential guest bloggers to create compelling content for your brand.
3. Interest Groups are abundant on LinkedIn. Find a bunch where your target audience are active in and engage in conversations with them.
4. Optimize SEO of your brand and personal profiles by updating your social media links.
5. LinkedIn offers targeted advertising solutions for businesses so use them effectively to reach out to the audience that matters.
6. LinkedIn's 'Keep In Touch' feature keeps you updated with your connections. Show your community you care by congratulating them on their new job or wishing them happy birthday!
7. Once you've gotten to know the people in your community well, give endorsements and recommendations to those who deserve it.
8. Interest Groups are also a great way for you to share your content regularly. Choose those that have the highest number of members to garner greater reach.
9. Opt for LinkedIn's Premium account on occasional months to reach out to certain important but exclusive contacts.
10. Create a strong presence on LinkedIn so that your target audience will treat you as a influencer in your industry.