In recent years blockchain technology has reached par in terms of extensiveness and robustness. The
fame of blockchain is skyrocketing when it is compared across counterparts software technologies.
Most of the software giants are searching for a key move in their existing technology with blockchain.
The reputation for term blockchain is higher for every software firm and is upheld everywhere. Some
think that it's the future of invention, at the same time, some believe that it's the beginning of a
No matter what, currently nobody in the technological field is staying out from blockchain
development, no matter how small or big the firm is?
“LIBRA”, the term became popular when the software giant facebook adopted them. Last year laid a
surprise for all the centralized software company when Facebook proclaimed the concept
“Libra”.Everyone was curious to dig out what the Libra blockchain constitutes with?
3. Soon the curtain was unveiled and technological outbreak took place. The news spread like a wildfire
that Facebook is launching its own crypto-currency. The word “libra" is pointing to that news.
Facebook has already decided to implement their own crypto to its existing centralized platform.
But hows that possible, how can someone implement crypto to a centralized oriented software. This
was the question that pondered every mind.
Finally, everyone got the answer when Facebook launched their whitepaper two weeks back. Yes, they
are implementing libra coin as a payment system in facebook marketplace. To assure its robustness
and scalability, Facebook also launched a testnet, where blockchain developers can crosscheck the
working of Libra.
4. Here am explaining my first transaction in Libra Blockchain.
1. Initially clone the repository of facebook libra from GitHub by using the following command in the
git clone https://github.com/libra/libra.git
2. After successful cloning, you will get a folder named Libra in your computer. Open the folder and
enter into the libra folder by using
3. Now you are inside the cloned libra package, now before running the libra blockchain in your
system, you need to install appropriate dependencies on it. In order to install all the necessary
dependencies, run the following commands.
5. The setup installs following action.
? Installs rustup — rustup is an installer for the Rust programming language, which Libra Core is
? Installs the required versions of the rust-toolchain.
? Installs CMake — to manage the build process.
? Installs protoc — a compiler for protocol buffers.
? Installs Go — for building protocol buffers.
4. Now your libra protocol is ready to connect with libra blockchain. In order to connect with testnet,
run the following commands.
6. 5. Once the client connects to a node on the testnet, you will see the following output. To quit the
client at any time, use the quit command.
7. In order to create an account in libra testnet, enter the following command in testnet. Enter the
following command in testnet.
It will show the following output:
One can create n number of accounts in the libra blockchain using this command. This will create an
account with an index number and unique libra blockchain address. Now, in order to list out all the
available account, one can use the following query.
8. Following image shows, the creation of two accounts with an index of 0 and 1. And account list
command lists out the available account details.
Now, you have two accounts with an index of 0 and 1.As next step, you have to mint some libra coin
into each account. In order to add balance into account, you can use the index number of the
account mint (index) (amount)
9. Now, check the balance of each account by using the following query.
query balance (index)
Now, we can transfer libra coin from one account to another by using the following query
transfer 0 1 10
10. Now as you can see, the balance from index 0 is reduced and balance of index 1 got increased by 10. So
now you understand how the first transaction in the libra blockchain is done. The libra testnet explains
the basic flow of libra blockchain. Instead of the block, they use a Merkle tool protocol to bind the
transaction and same way is also used to verify the transaction.
Moreover, Facebook is seeing Libra as a virtual currency in their marketplace and they are also planning
to launch a wallet called ”calibra”, which can be used to store libra for all Facebook users.
11. Click here to read more about : First Transaction on Facebook Libra
12. Cybrosys Limited
100 Borough High Street,
London, Greater London
SE1 1LB, United Kingdom
Thank You !
Mail UsUK Phone