Home Buyer Services
Rodeo Realty Fine Estates
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
• Meeting and Exceeding All Your Home-Buying
Who I am…
• Always prepared,
knowledgeable, and going
the extra mile in service to
Helping you find the right home…
in the right location, at the right price.
▪I listen to what your needs
and wants are, and I am
responsive to them.
▪I use a customized,
systematic, detailed plan to
find the right home for you.
What’s important to you?
•I will keep you regularly
informed by phone, text, or
•I will show you homes within
your price range.
•I will show you properties
that fit your needs.
•I will simplify the involved
home-buying process for you.
My commitment to you
As your buyer’s agent, I will work on your behalf to:
• Find you the right property
• Negotiate the best price and terms for you
• Handle the details and keep you informed
Representing your best interests...
• Buyer’s agent :
▪ Represents you, the buyer
▪ Has a fiduciary responsibility to work for
your best interests
• Seller’s agent :
▪ Represents the seller
▪ Has a fiduciary responsibility
to the seller
• A dual agent :
▪ Represents the interests of both the seller
and the buyer
▪ Has a fiduciary responsibility to both parties
I will show you how
our Online Partnerships
Simplify your home search
and expand your
Home Search Central
Multiple Listing Service
I can show you any property listed through the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
▪ Our office offers area-wide multiple listing
information that shows thousands of broker-listed
homes for sale, regardless of the seller’s agent.
▪ I will show you the properties that meet your criteria.
▪ I can arrange and coordinate visits to homes that
▪ you’re interested in.
Yard signs and open houses
A yard sign or open house can let you know a home is available, but I can help you
know if it’s worthwhile.
▪ I will arrange private showings of all homes that meet your search criteria.
▪ I will accompany you for all showings, however—if you do visit an open house
on your own, please give the salesperson my card and tell them that I am your
Many factors affect the price that sellers ask
Physical characteristics of
▪ Size of house and lot
▪ Physical condition
▪ Floor plan and style
▪ Number of properties available
▪ Their prices and terms
▪ Their location and physical condition
▪ How long they’ve been
on the market
▪ Interest rates
▪ Availability of financing
▪ Qualified buyer demand
▪ Prices of recent sales
▪ State of the economy
▪ Seasonal demand
Asking price also may be
▪ Seller’s motivation to sell
▪ Seller’s original purchase price
▪ Seller’s need for cash
▪ Opinions of others
The value of a Competitive Market Analysis
As your buyer’s agent, I will prepare a Competitive Market Analysis with information on properties similar
to the one you’re considering. It will describe homes that:
• Are currently on the
• Are under contract
• Sold recently
• Failed to sell
This comparative data will help you determine the value of the home
• Being pre-approved for a mortgage
is necessary to put in an offer and it
can also greatly improve your
▪ Sellers and their agents know that a pre-
approved buyer is a serious one.
▪ Speaking first with a mortgage specialist
will give you a loan decision needed in
advance of making an offer.
And speaking of mortgage pre-approval…
• These days most sellers require that “proof of funds” (money needed for the
downpayment and closing costs) and the pre-approval letter from a loan company
be submitted together with the Residential Purchase Agreement. Once you see a
property you like and you want to put in an offer, it is too late to start getting the
pre-approval process underway.
• To even be competitive, the first thing you need to do is meet with a mortgage
broker or loan officer and start the pre-approval process.
• The pre-approval letter also gives you, as a buyer, the amount that you can
comfortably afford to spend on a property, ensures your peace of mind, and
targets your home search to properties within your budget.
Preparing the offer…
As your buyer’s agent, I will work to:
▪ Prepare an offer that will meet your needs and
provide a solid basis for negotiating with the
▪ Apply information from the Competitive Market
Analysis that will determine a realistic offer.
▪ I will present your written offer to the sellers’
agent and negotiate on your behalf.
▪ The sellers will have the choice of:
–Accepting your offer as presented
–Rejecting it completely
–Countering to Multiple Offers
I will communicate to you the sellers’ response
and, if necessary, suggest further negotiating
Completing the purchase
A successful purchase involves several important elements:
• Offers and negotiations
• The purchase agreement
• Full written disclosures
• Professional inspections
• Home warranty
• Title insurance and appraisal
• Loan processing
• Final walk through
The Escrow Process
•An independent, impartial
third party to facilitate the
•Handles deposits and
•Coordinates with Title and
Title insurance will protect your interests in the
• A title insurance policy:
▪ Is based on a search of public
records that discloses whether any
others have a legal claim to the
▪ Insures you against loss due to any
possible title defects
An appraisal provides independent confirmation of the
value of the home
▪ Compares the value of the home to others of
similar size, features and location
▪ Is usually required by lenders
▪ Is an opinion of the property’s value by an
Thorough inspections of the property by qualified
professionals protects your investment value
A Home Warranty
can protect you from unforeseen risks
▪ Provides repair-or-replace
▪ Gives you peace of mind
▪ Can be purchased by you or by
the seller, as agreed upon in the
I will provide you with the details of the available
Home Protection Plans.
How much home can you afford?
▪ Establishes how much you
can afford to borrow
▪ Is not an assurance of
▪ Is a much more complete evaluation of
how much you can afford to borrow
▪ Most sellers want to see this at the time
an offer is made
Applying for the mortgage...
is the first step after your purchase offer is accepted.
• The lender may request copies of:
✓Current pay stubs
✓Credit card statements
✓Investment/brokerage firm statements
✓Tax returns, usually for two years
Your mortgage application can be processed more easily if you are
prepared with all these documents. Most of the these documents will be
needed for a pre-approval evaluation as well.
The financing and closing process
Financing your home is an involved process. I’ll help you through it.
1. Loan application is completed and submitted to lender
2. Lender orders appraisal, credit report, verification of
your employment and assets
3. Lender provides a good faith estimate of closing and
related costs, plus initial disclosures
4. Lender evaluates application and support documents,
approves loan and issues letter of commitment
5. Loan documents are signed and notarized in Escrow
6. Lender disburses/wires funds to the Escrow or Title
7. Required documents are recorded at the County
Recorder’s office, transferring title into your name
A walk-through prior to closing…
Lets you confirm the condition of the property.
▪ A thorough walk-through and
verification of condition will take
place prior to closing.
▪ I will accompany you.
▪ Should a concern arise during the
walk-through, I will assist you in