Be the first to like this
1. Britain is full of culture and traditions which have been around for hundreds of years. British customs and traditions are famous all over the world. When people think of Britain they often think of people drinking tea, eating fish and chips and wearing bowler hats, but there is more to Britain than just those things.
2. Great Britain is an island, wich is located to the northwest of continental Europe in the Atlantic Ocean.
As you see. Consists of Wales, England and Scotland.
Total area - 88,745 square miles
Population - 60 million people. It‘s twenty times greater than Lithuania
According to Antique and Heraldic traditions much symbolism is associated with colors. The colors on the British flag represent the following:
White - peace and honesty
Red - hardiness, bravery, strength & valour
Blue - vigilance, truth and loyalty, perseverance & justice
3. The flag of England is the Saint George's Cross.
The flag of Wales consists of a red dragon on a green and white field. As with many heraldic charges, the exact representation of the dragon is not standardised and many renderings exist.
The Flag of Scotland, also known as Saint Andrew's Cross or the Saltire.
4. Great Britain is a Monarchy and the monarch is Queen Elizabeth II. Today, the Queen is not only Head of State, but also an important symbol of national unity.
Current age is 87 years. The Queen lives at Buckingham Palace in London.
5. National anthem
The National Anthem is God Save the Queen.The British National Anthem originated in a patriotic song first performed in 1745. It became known as the National Anthem from the beginning of the nineteenth century. The British National Anthem represents the whole of the UK. However, Wales andScotland have other songs which they sing, especially when playing against England in sport matches.
6. Sports - Many of the world's famous sports began in Britain, including cricket, football, lawn tennis, golf, netball and rugby.
Great Britain's national sport is cricket although to many people football (soccer) is seen as national sport. Football is most popular sport in there. Some of England's football teams are world famous, the most famous is Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool.
7. British Food – traditional british dishes have had competition from other dishes over the years. Despite this, if you visit England, Scotland or Wales, you can stil be served up the traditional foods they have been eating for years. And this is most popular traditional dishes
8. National dress – England has no official national dress.
In Scotland the national dress is a kilt. The kilt is worn around the waist.
The national costume of Wales is a long skirt, worn with a petticoat and topped with a shawl.
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.