• Google Scholar is a simple way which makes it
easier for students, researchers and
people associated with the academia to conduct
broad research for scholarly literature, articles,
peer-reviewed papers, thesis, books and
various academic resources.
• The search titan Google came up with the finest
of its application in the year 2004 and named it
• The aim of this application is to make
academic research convenient for
students, teachers and scholars.
USE OF GOOGLE SCHOLAR IN ACADEMIC
• Millions of university and private libraries and
other repositories have also linked up with
Google Scholar to contribute to the database
by offering their publications. However, majority
of these libraries reveal only a certain portion of
source text which matches the topic of research.
• In order to gain full access to the article, users
need to use the subscription service of these
libraries by paying a certain monetary amount. A
common misconception is that ‘Google Scholar
charges fee for complete article/journal access’
but the previous sentence elucidates that
publishers do not let the researchers crawl in
their sources for free.
BASIC FEATURES OF GOOGLE SCHOLAR
• Academic search engines allow users to carry out
their research on factors of citation count and
date of publication whereas with Google
Scholar, the researcher can precisely come
across results in order of relevance,
citation, quality, ranking and full text
ADVANCED SEARCH FEATURES OF
• The advanced search features of Google
Scholar provide academic researchers and
scholars with the options of researching material
by date, type, subject category and name of
author/authors hence returning results which
are tailored to the exacting specifications of
SEARCH BY AUTHOR NAME
• Search by Author feature provides the option
to search materials and resources published or
authored by a specific author.
• You may use the operator with an author’s full
name in quotes to further refine your search.
Try to use initials rather than full first names,
because some sources indexed in Google Scholar
only provide the initials.
SEARCH BY DATE RANGE
• Search by Date feature allows users to set a
date range for any publication hence limiting
results between pre specifies time ranges.
SEARCH BY PUBLICATION
• Search by Publication provides the option of
researching articles and research papers in
certain journals, papers or manuals by
restricting the research to specific journals by
type, category or subject.
SEARCH IN SPECIFIC SUBJECT AREA
The search option to research within specific
subject categories give users the option to
searches in the following subject areas:
• Biology, Life Sciences, and Environmental
• Medicine, Pharmacology, and Veterinary Science
For More information on How to Use
Google Scholar, Click here
LEGAL OPINIONS AND JOURNALS
• The Legal Opinions and Journals search feature
allows you to limit your search to legal
opinions and journals by either selecting the
option itself from the advanced search page of
Google Scholar or by select the type of collection
from the drop down menu displayed on the
search results page.
SEARCH OPERATORS FOR USING
• It includes common words, letters and numbers which
are normally ignored by Google’s search technology.
• It excludes all results that include a particular search
term, keyword or term.
• It only displays results which include a particular phrase
word or term in it.
• This operator returns results that include either
one of the search terms, as specified in the
It only returns results that include your search
term in the document’s title.
LIMITATIONS OF GOOGLE SCHOLAR
• A limitation with Google Scholar is that even
after six years of its launch, it is the beta
version meaning it is still undergoing
development of its database. Nonetheless, it
is the best tool which simplifies the research
process of scholars by exposing them to
• A Complete Guide On Using Google
Scholar For Academic Research
• Google, Bing, Yahoo Launch Schema.Org
For Better Content Markup And User
• Post Penguin Blogging Scenario: Search
Just Became Deeper
• Slides by WriteaWriting
An Ultimate survival guide for Writers, Bloggers,
Social Media Mavens, Business Experts and
¿Le ha llamado la atención una diapositiva en particular?
Recortar diapositivas es una manera útil de recopilar información importante para consultarla más tarde.