6. No report evaluating the environmental impact that has built and put into operation works for an investment project to increase plants’ capacity of producing alkali-acid from 3,116 tons per month to 6,600 tons per month.
7. No report evaluating the environmental impact that has built and put into operation works for an investment project to increase plants’ capacity from 5,000 tons of monosodium glutamate per month to 15,000 tons per month, Starch from 2,000 tons per month to 4,000 tons per month, Lysine from 1,200 tons per month to 1400 tons per month, powdered spices advanced 20 tons per month, PGA 700 tons per year, distributed Vedagro 70,000 tons/year (solid), 280,000 tons per year (l).
8. Discharged rotten smell, unpleasant odors directly into the environment.
9. Managed hazardous wastewater in contravention of regulations on protection of the environment.
10. Company discharged wastewater into water sources are not properly located in the license provisions.
October 6, 2008, chief inspectors of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment made decision to sanction administrative violations in environmental protection for Vedan company with total fine of VND 267.5 millions, required an additional charge of more than VND 127 billions for environmental protection.