• 1924: Born in Pennsylvania.
• 1942: Graduated in Industrial engineering
• 1946: Began his career in Ford Motor Company
as an engineer trainee.
• 1960: Vice President of Ford.
• 1967: Executive Vice President.
• 1970-1978: President of Ford Motor Company.
• 1978: Was fired away by Henry Ford II.
• 1979: Became Chrysler’s CEO and retired in
• After resigning from Ford Lee Iacocca signed up with Chrysler.
Chrysler was a sinking ship.
• Lee instituted a system that would cut costs, ensure quality and inspired
the people of Chrysler to work better. He brought down his salary to $1 a
year just to help the company.
• He did everything he could but still people weren’t buying and Chrysler
was still sinking.
• 1979- Got approved by the US Congress and Chrysler finally got
transformed into a strong competitor of Ford and General Motors.
• Lee was the person who transformed a dying corporation—a leader in
action battling for change. This is transformational leadership at its best.
• Believes in his dreams, and see himself as helper and
• Global learner.
• Focus is expansive.
• Organized in the arena of interpersonal affairs.
• Knows and appreciate people.
• Sometimes neglect himself and his own needs for the needs
• Has tremendous entrepreneurial ability.
• Often takes on more of the burdens on himself to control
Iacocca Foundation : He supports innovative diabetes research nationwide.
Supports amazing scientists and helped advance exciting research.
The Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation: It works to maintain this
gateway to America (Statue of Liberty).
Lehigh University: In 1997, I established The Global Village for Future
Leaders of Business and Industry at his alma mater.
Nourish the Children: This organization distributes nutritional supplements to
needy and starving children all over the world.
Olivio Products: We formed this company in 1993 with the goal of introducing
Americans to the benefits of a diet rich in Mediterranean olive oil.
The Lee Iacocca Award: He conceived this award IN 2006 as a way to honour
the world's most committed classic-car collectors and restorers around the
LACOCCA’S LEADERSHIP SCORECARD
He devised this scoring system to encourage to think about leadership
qualities. The 9C's are a roadmap for citizens to choose leaders.
According to him they are relevant in every area of life.