1. STRUCTURED CONTENT FIRST Stephen Hay . Mirabeau Mobile Event, Amsterdam . 20110609
2. WHAT ISMOBILE?
3. usatoday.com in Android browser, Samsung Galaxy S
5. twitter.com in Opera browser
6. twitter.com in Android browser, Samsung Galaxy S
7. twitter.com in Opera Mini
8. the assumption isPEOPLE ON THE DESKTOP WANT THIS
9. the assumption isPEOPLE ON “MOBILE” WANT THIS
10. Hey, there’s that thing I wanted to read.
11. “I WANT IT TOWORK ON AN iPAD”
12. THE WORLD’S FIRST WEBSITE IS ALMOST MOBILE READY. Opera browser http://www.w3.org/History/19921103-hypertext/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html
13. THE WORLD’S FIRST WEBSITE IS ALMOST MOBILE READY. Opera Mobile, Samsung Galaxy Tab http://www.w3.org/History/19921103-hypertext/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html
14. The device landscape is constantlychanging. Capabilities are constantlychanging. Properly structured contentis portable to future platforms.
15. PLATFORM-AGNOSTIC forCONTENT
16. Don’t assume users want di!erent content simply becauseof the platform they’re using.Do cater to device capabilities if you want, but don’tassume that users want other capabilities on other devices.PLATFORM-AGNOSTIC forCONTENT
17. PLATFORM-AWARE forUSER EXPERIENCE
18. Do try and create an e!ectively usableenvironment for people to easily accomplish tasks.PLATFORM-AWARE forUSER EXPERIENCE
19. THERE IS NO MOBILE WEB.http://www.the-haystack.com/2011/01/07/there-is-no-mobile-web/
20. RESPONSIVE DESIGN& ADAPTIVE LAYOUT
21. Real responsive design will be hard to do.Adaptive layout is a good "rst step, and is oftenwhat people mean with the term “responsive design”.Because layout is only a part of design.RESPONSIVE DESIGN& ADAPTIVE LAYOUT
23. Thinking about, creating anddesigning structured content "rstcaters to the lowest common layoutdenominator, whether this be a smallscreen or a text browser.In fact, this content should be able togo anywhere.
24. CONTENT STRATEGY,STRUCTURED CONTENT (FIRST).
25. No mind-reading!CONTENT STRATEGY,STRUCTURED CONTENT (FIRST).
26. No mind-reading!CONTENT STRATEGY,STRUCTURED CONTENTThe baseline for responsive design. (FIRST).
27. No mind-reading!CONTENT STRATEGY,STRUCTURED CONTENTThe baseline for responsive design. (FIRST). = “mobile” "rst.