1. Save our libraries: levy on may 4ballot<br />Holmes County District Public Library<br />
2. Operating levy request<br /><ul><li>Levy will be on May 4th ballot county wide.
3. We are proposing an .8 (eight-tenths) mill levy renewable after 5 years.
4. The levy will cost the owner of a property valued at $100,000.00 - $25.20 a year or $2.10 per month.</li></li></ul><li>Why we need an operating levy…<br />
5. Why we need an operating levy…<br /><ul><li>The library has made drastic cuts to services and programs
6. We can no longer operate a county wide system with the funds we are receiving from the State of Ohio</li></li></ul><li>The Library provides critical services … <br />Assistance to job seekers & those applying for unemployment<br />Online resources & research help<br />Delivery of reading materials & services to schools<br />
7. many are not available anywhere else in the county<br />Public computer access & training<br />Informational & recreational reading materials for all ages<br />Storytimes & other programs for children<br />
8. The Library provides critical services … many are not available anywhere else in the county<br />Reading materials to rural <br />populations via bookmobile<br />Reading materials to the homebound, disabled and seniors<br />Opportunities for lifelong learning<br />
9. What will the library do with the levy funds?<br /><ul><li>Restore morning and evening hours at the main library
10. Keep branches in Berlin, Killbuck, Walnut Creek and Winesburg open
11. Restore bookmobile stops
12. Restore spending on books
13. Restore library programs for children, teens and adults
14. Continue to provide high quality library services county wide</li></li></ul><li>Did you know?<br />Usage of the Holmes County District Public Library is in the top 25% of all public libraries in Ohio.<br />The bookmobile checks out more books per capita than any other bookmobile program in the United States.<br />More than 75% of all items checked out of the library are books.<br />