2. Bladeless Custom LASIK LASIK (Laser-Assisted-In- Situ Keratomileusis) is currently one of the most frequently performed elective procedures in North America. It is a highly effective outpatient procedure designed to correct multiple levels of nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism and reduce reliance on corrective eyewear.
3. The Custom LASIK Approach LASIK surgery procedures have evolved in recent years. Technology advancements allow NVISION surgeons to further customize the LASIK procedure to your individual eyes. In clinical studies, custom LASIK has been able to provide patients with: •A greater chance of having 20/20 vision; •The potential for better vision than is •possible with contacts or glasses; •Less incidence of glare and halos; and •Potentially better overall vision, even at night.
4. Better Quality Vision with Laser Eye Surgery Prior to surgery, a wave front analyzer is used to measure the way light travels through your eye. The wave front analyzer creates a customized 3-D map of your eye that looks at your entire optical system.
5. Bladeless Custom Wave Front LASIK LASIK surgery may be elective, but good vision is not. The cornea is the transparent dome-like structure that covers the iris and pupil of your eye. With bladeless custom LASIK, the surgeon uses a laser to create the corneal flap.
6. How To LASIK Recovery•Wait one full day before taking a shower.•Wait one day to one week, as your doctor advises, before resumingdriving.•Wear sunglasses for the first few days.•Read and watch TV in moderation the first few days.•Do not wear eye makeup for four days.•Do not rub your eyes for one week.•Do not exercise for one week.•Avoid swimming, hot tubs and whirlpools for one week.•Avoid gardening and dusty environments for one week.•Avoid contact sports that could result in an eye injury for one month.•Smoking is allowed, but you will probably find smoke very irritating.
7. PRK (Photorefractive Keratectomy) PRK vision correction surgery was introduced in the 1980s and has successfully transformed the vision of millions of people. Since the early 1990s, it has evolved into what is now known as advanced PRK, or Advanced Surface Ablation (ASA).
8. PRK Recovery Centers At NVISION Laser Eye Centers, risks of the surgery are discussed with the patient prior to the procedure. Proper pre- operative screening and testing ensures that you are considered a candidate only when it is medically advisable. As well, diligent post-operative care helps to identify and address potential healing complications.
9. The Phakic IOL Procedure Phakic IOL surgery is an outpatient procedure. During the surgery, your doctor may use eye drops or injections to numb or prevent movement of the eye. A precise incision will allow the doctor to insert the Phakic IOL in front of or just behind the colored part of the eye (iris).