How to Write a Fairy Tale
1. Decide what lesson your fairytale is going to teach
before you write it…
2. Create a good character…
3. Devise an evil character…
4. Design a magical character or object to write into
the fairy tale…
5. Identify what obstacles your good character is going
to have to face…
6. …quot;happily ever after.quot;
Fairy Tales from Life
• A lesson plan based on Fairy Tales!
• Check out the resources~
• Some online tools as well:
• Story Map
• Plot Diagram Tool
http://www.readwritethink.org/lessons/lesson_view.asp?id=42 Slide 6
How to Write a Fairy Tale in 52 pages?
Or perhaps “Fractured” Fairy Tales?
NOT really a good idea for young children…
Choose Your Own Adventure~
Use the Webbing Tool to PLAN~
• Dunnbar Bound
Interactive Choose Your Own Adventure story for and about children.
• The Redwall Series
Choose Your Own Adventure stories based on the Redwall series.
• Sample Choose Your Own Adventure Stories
This page features numerous create-your-own-adventure stories created by fifth
graders at Willowdale Elementary School in Nebraska (Mr Vincent~).
• Lesson Author's Class Web Site
Patricia Schulze's cyber composition class. Student examples are linked from the
Student Pages page.
• CyberEnglish Page
Ted Nellen's original CyberEnglish site. Student-created Web pages can be found
• Read all at http://www.readwritethink.org/lessons/lesson_view.asp?id=128