- 3,265 views
This report focuses on the development of Russian cybercrime. Firstly, it summarizes the economic and geopolitical factors that underlie computer crime, and which must be taken into consideration by ...
This report focuses on the development of Russian cybercrime. Firstly, it summarizes the economic and geopolitical factors that underlie computer crime, and which must be taken into consideration by researchers seeking to predict upcoming developments in cybercrime and cybercrime targeting. It goes on to look at the other ways in which Russian presence in the criminal cybersphere can be tracked, considering the technical approaches used by hackers in the region, how they link with economic and geographic factors, as well as with the part played by law enforcement in the investigation of international computer crimes.
The presentation will cover the following topics:
1. How cybercrime is interlinked with economic and geographical factors in Russia. The implications of the banking and instant payment systems of the Russian Federation.
2. Law Enforcement. The laws that currently obtain in the area of Russian computer crime: Legal evasions and loopholes.
3. Technical trends. The use of botnets to steal money from the Internet banking system for corporate clients: Technological and statistical analysis of the malware families involved, the organizational structures of the perpetrators, and the calculation of damages.
4. Successfully prosecuted cases in 2010. Complex investigation: spam affiliates, the WinLock case and others.
5. How DDoS attacks and botnet operations in Russian networks were tracked in co-operation with the Russian honeynet Project.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views