What is Photojournalism
• Photojournalism is using pictures and photos
to help tell a story. Photojournalism mainly
focuses on events unlike documentary where
is more range of subject.
Where is it used?
• The main places you would normally see
photojournalism would be in things such as
newspapers and magazines.
How has it changed over time?
• With new technology they are able to edit
pictures and things using computers and other
editing software. In the pictures now they
don’t just use black and white as they now
have cameras that take pictures in colour.
Why has it changed over time?
• People expect more from the pictures because
of the introduction of newer technology. The
pictures also look better and more
professional so people are more likely to buy
What photographers are associated
with this work?
• David Burnett- http://www.davidburnett.com/index.html
• Used to show different areas in the world
• Its mainly used to advertise places or to make art
• The photgrophy itself has not changed but the
technology has become better
• With better photography the pictures look better
and the artists can sell the pictures for more
• Adam Burton
• Used to display clothing and other fashion items
• Used to advertise the clothing and other fashion
• Better cameras and new technology
• The clothes look better with the better pictures
• Alex Sailsbury
• Portrait is either a painting, drawing, photo or
engraving of a person, face or personality
• They are used to represent a person
• With new cameras and better technology they
can take better pictures and more things can be
done when editing
• Diane Arbus (1923- 1971)
• Look on Wikipedia
• Fine art is creative art products to be appreciated
primarily and visual art
• It is mainly used in adverts and magazines
• In the 20th Centaury photos were mostly in black
and white but now with better technology they
have added colour
• Ansel Adams
• Best place for information is Wikipedia
• Is main and most important element
• as its visualization has to look good for
• the companies
• Is used to persuade people to by the products
• At the beginning of the 20th centaury article
developed to photography and began in photo
• Ian Jackson