Signing Partnership Agreement
Yakutsk, July 2008
• 14 July 2008: Formal agreement signed in Yakutsk
• July 2008: Yakut TESOL Summer Institute of English
• January 2009: UNT book donation to Yakut TESOL
• 2009: Online Collaboration, the Hockaday School and Gymnasium #8
• 2009-2011: Online Colaboration, Collin College and Yakutsk State University
• Summer 2009: Elizabeth Smith participation in Summer Camp in Yakutsk
• Summer 2010: Classes held at the Hockaday School for students from Yakutsk
• June-July 2010: Invited Don Weasenforth for teacher training session in Yakutsk
• July 2010: Jayme Lynch participation in EFL Summer Camp in Maya (9-12 year
• May 2011: Jey Venkatessan participation in English Conversation Class in Yakutsk
• October-November 2011: Evgeniya Yadrikhinskaya from Yakut TESOL visited
schools and colleges in Dallas, TX and participated in TexTESOLV Conference
• March 2011: Partnership Presentation at TESOL Arabia Annual Conference
• October 2008-2013 TexTESOL V and Yakut TESOL Annual Conferences
• Newsletter and web site collaboration, pen pals, virtual meetings
WHY THIS PARTNERSHIP?
• Teaching experience
• Cultural adventure
• Online teaching and
• And more …..
HOW IT WORKS?
• Financial support
• Initial contact with Yakut TESOL or
• Negotiations with Yakut TESOL or
• Visa and tickets
• Collaborative presentation at annual
teaching in Yakutsk
contract in Yakutsk
What is there for next
• Hope that the face-to-face meetings will continue in
spite of increasing travel expenses.
• More online communication is needed to maintain
• More virtual connections between American schools
and Yakut schools.
• Hope and wish the partnership between TexTESOL V
and Yakutsk TESOL continues to flourish.
• We should continue to exchange teachers to share
ideas in teaching. When this is not possible, we should
continue to collaborate online with students and
• We need a renewed understanding of how the two
affiliates can support each other.