• ‘’Staro Riga’’ for the first time took place in 2008 and became the annual traditional
festival. The event usually lasts 4-5 days, and the timing coincides with the Latvian
Independence anniversary celebrations.
The festival Staro Riga city allows residents and visitors to see unique light art
White Night (Baltā nakts)
• White Night is a night during which everyone
can visit different kinds of cultural events in
different parts of Riga city.
Riga Festival (Rīgas svētki)
• It‘s the biggest event of the year - Riga Festival - it's
music, art, theatre and dance performances, sporting
events and amusement kaleidoscope that offers the
opportunity to have fun and make new unforgettable
Night at the Museum.(Nakts muzejā)
• The ninth year in Latvia a campaign ’’Night at
the Museum‘’. All kinds of cultural events are
happening through the night.
18.November - Latvian Independence day.
• November 18 is Latvian Independence Day. In 1918 the People's
Council proclaimed the independent state of Latvia. Every year this
day is widely celebrated, including the parliamentary session, Gala,
laying flowers at the Freedom Monument and fireworks.
• In the morning there is a parade at the
18.November embankment. In the evening
people can enjoy fireworks.
Jāņi (Saint John’s day)
• Jāņi (English: Saint John's Day) is a Latvian festival
held in the night from 23 June to 24 June to celebrate
the feast day of St John the Baptist, as well as the
summer solstice (Midsummer), the shortest night and
the longest day of the year.