1. THE PASSOVER PRESENTED BY JOY JOSEPH MUNDUKOTTACKAL KONKANI CHRISTIAN (BRETHREN) ASSEMBLY
2. THE PASSOVER <ul><li>WHAT THE PASSOVER IS ? </li></ul><ul><li>Exodus 12: 11 And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, </li></ul><ul><li>your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye </li></ul><ul><li>shall eat it in haste: it is the LORD'S Passover. </li></ul><ul><li>(Lord commanded them to do in Egypt) </li></ul><ul><li>Heb.11: 28 Through faith he kept the Passover, of blood and </li></ul><ul><li>the sprinkling, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them. (Deliverance from Egypt) </li></ul><ul><li>1 Cor.5: 7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a </li></ul><ul><li>new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even is sacrificed for us: (Spiritual truth for us now) </li></ul>
3. THE PASSOVER (Exodus 12: 1-27) <ul><li>Exodus 12: 21-22 Then Moses …. Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill </li></ul><ul><li>the Passover. </li></ul><ul><li>And ye shall take a bunch </li></ul><ul><li>of hyssop, and dip it in the blood that is in the bason, and strike the lintel and the two side posts with the blood that is in the bason; </li></ul><ul><li>and none of you shall go out at the door of his house until the morning . </li></ul>
4. THE PASSOVER The brief study covers What the Passover was ? Where was the first Passover ? When was the first Passover ? What the Passover was showing ? The rules of the Passover ? The Last Passover ? The Passover fulfilled. What the Passover to the Israelites ? The Passover thru the centuries ? Christ the Passover lamb.
5. THE PASSOVER (Passover in Egypt) Ex.12: 3 Tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, a lamb for an house: Ex.12: 6 Keep it up until the fourteenth day: congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening. Ex.12: 7 take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post. Ex.12: 11 with your loins girded, ye shall eat it in haste: it is the LORD'S Passover. Ex.12: 13 and when I see the blood, I will pass over you
6. THE PASSOVER (The lamb) <ul><li>Your lamb shall be without blemish, </li></ul><ul><li>A male of the first year: </li></ul><ul><li>Ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats: </li></ul><ul><li>And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: </li></ul><ul><li>And the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening. (Ex.12: 5;6) </li></ul>
7. THE PASSOVER (WHAT THE PASSOVER WAS ?) Lord commanded the Passover (Ex.12: 1) When Destroyer killed firstborns of Egypt (Ex.12: 12) God delivered children of Israel (Ex.12: 13) Set as the feast by ordinance (Ex.12: 14) Asked to celebrate as the memorial of it. (Ex.12: 25)
8. THE PASSOVER (WHERE WAS THE FIRST PASSOVER ?) ISRAEL IN BONDAGE IN EGYPT FOR 430 YEARS Was in the land of Egypt Where Israelites in bondage They cried in their distress The Lord heard their cry From where the Lord delivered them Brought them out of bondage and Egypt.
9. THE PASSOVER (WHEN WAS THE FIRST PASSOVER ?) THE FIRST MONTH (Abib) 14 TH DAY NIGHT (Ex.12: 2; 6) Now the sojourning of the children of Israel, who dwelt in Egypt, was four hundred and thirty years. And it came to pass at the end of the four hundred and thirty years, even the selfsame day it came to pass, that all the hosts of the LORD went out from the land of Egypt. (Ex. 12: 40-41)
10. THE PASSOVER (WHAT THE PASSOVER SHOWS ?) <ul><li>1 Cor:5: 7 For even Christ our Passover lamb is sacrificed for us: </li></ul><ul><li>1 Peter 1:18-19 Forasmuch as ye know that….; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: </li></ul><ul><li>Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: </li></ul>
11. THE PASSOVER (WHAT PASSOVER SHOWS ?) SHADOW OF DELIVERANCE The lamb of God (Jn.1: 36) The lamb taketh aways the sins of the world (Jn.1: 29) Chosen before the foundation of the word (Rev.13: 8) IN THE FULLNESS OF TIME Offered by the eternal Spirit (Heb.9: 14) For the remission of the sins (Eph.1: 7) NOW FOR US The lamb that was slain (Rev.5: 6) Worthy the lamb………. (Rev.5: 8)
12. Christ our Passover lamb is sacrificed
13. THE PASSOVER Exodus 12: 25 And it shall come to pass, when ye be come to the land which the LORD will give you, according as he hath promised, that ye shall keep this service. Exodus 12: 26-27 When your children shall say unto you, What mean ye by this service? That ye shall say, It is the sacrifice of the LORD'S Passover, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when he smote the Egyptians, and delivered our houses. Hebrews 11: 28 Through faith he kept the Passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
14. THE PASSOVER When you come to the land (v.25) (In the promise land) Shall be unto you a memorial (v.14) Shall be kept be a feast of the Lord (v.14) Shall be a feast by ordinance forever (v.14) (As the feast of the Lord) Shall be a night to be observed (v.42) Shall all Israelites in generations (v.42) Shall all the congregation to keep it (v.47)
15. THE PASSOVER (Shadow and its meaning) RULES OF THE PASSOVER Abib- Beginning of the month to you (v.2) (A new beginning-2. Cor.5: 17) Separate a lamb for every house (v.3) (1.Pet.1: 20; Jn.1: 29) A lamb according to the household (v.4) (1.John 2: 2) A lamb without blemish (v.5) (1.Pet.2: 22; 1.Jn.3: 6; 2.Cor.5: 21) A male from sheep or goat of one year (v.5) (Romans.8: 3)
16. THE PASSOVER (Shadow and its meaning) Separate on the tenth day (v.3) (Jesus entered ministry-Luke 3: 23) Keep until the fourteenth day (6) (Proved thru His sinless life-Jn.18: 20-21) Whole assembly of congregation to kill it (v.6) (At the hand of the sinners-Mark10: 33) Take of the blood (v.7) (For deliverance- Heb.9: 22) Strike it on lintel and door posts (v.7) (Col.1: 14; Eph.1: 7; Acts.10: 43)
17. THE PASSOVER (Shadow and its meaning) Eat the flesh in the night (v.8) (Jn.6: 53; 63) Roasted with fire (v.8; 9) Death on the cross (Offering) With unleavened bread (v.8) Separated from evil (1.Cor.5: 7) With bitter herbs (v.8) Remembrances of past sufferings Remaining shall be burned with fire (v.10) Not for strangers- Only for household of Abraham and for all who entered to the covenant.
18. THE PASSOVER WHO COULD EAT OF THE PASSOVER ? No stranger to eat (v. 43; 48) Servant who were circumcised (v.44) Foreigner and hired servant not (v.45) Flesh not to carry out side home (v.46) Stranger who circumcised could (v.47) (Circumcision sign in the body of covenant) Gen. 17: 11 And shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you (Abraham)
19. THE PASSOVER Neither ye shall brake a bone thereof (v.46) John 19: 33 But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs: Psalms 34: 20 He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken. John 19: 36 For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.
20. THE PASSOVER Celebrated at Sinai (Num.9: 1-14) in the journey Question and answer: If failed to celebrate due to defilement If any man of you or of your posterity shall be unclean by reason of a dead body, or be in a journey afar off, yet he shall keep the Passover unto the LORD. The fourteenth day of the second month. (Num.9:10-11) Num.9:13 But the man that is clean, and is not in a journey, and forbeareth to keep the Passover, even the same soul shall be cut off from among his people: because he brought not the offering of the LORD in his appointed season, that man shall bear his sin.
21. THE PASSOVER FIRST AMONG THE FEASTS OF THE LORD Leviticus 23:4-5 These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S Passover. Leviticus 23: 6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. (For seven days -till twenty first day)
22. THE PASSOVER CELEBRATION IN THE PROMISE LAND. Entering Canaan at Gilgal first (Jos.5: 1-11) Under Solomon (2.Chr.5: 26) Under Hezekiah (2. Chr.30: 1-27) Under Josiah (2.Ki.23: 21-23; 2.Chr.35) Under Ezra (Ezra.6: 19-22) Restoration of the joy among them. (Were the times of spiritual revivals)
23. THE PASSOVER JESUS AND THE PASSOVER Passover – The feast of the Lord (Lev.23: 4-5) Declined to “Jew’s Passover” (Jn.6: 4; 11: 55) Jesus celebrated with disciples (Lk.22: 7-17) Luke 22:15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer:
24. THE PASSOVER Jesus celebrated the last Passover (Passover was just Shadow of things to come) Morrow the next Pascal lamb was slain (Fulfilled in Christ the Passover lamb) No more need of celebration; But As feast Jews celebrates still 1 Corinthians 5: 7 For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us:
25. THE PASSOVER <ul><li>IN EGYPT </li></ul><ul><li>(Exodus Ch.12) </li></ul><ul><li>Commanded by Lord </li></ul><ul><li>In side their houses </li></ul><ul><li>(Last day in Egypt) </li></ul><ul><li>Was day of deliverance </li></ul><ul><li>Ate in haste standing </li></ul><ul><li>In that night </li></ul><ul><li>IN PROMISE LAND </li></ul><ul><li>(Deuteronomy Ch.16) </li></ul><ul><li>As Feast of the Lord </li></ul><ul><li>Place appointed only </li></ul><ul><li>(At the presence of God) </li></ul><ul><li>As memorial of it </li></ul><ul><li>As Celebration </li></ul><ul><li>Night only </li></ul>
26. THE PASSOVER No leaven allowed for Passover (Day of deliverance- Salvation) Followed by unleavened bread (Holy walk in the Lord) Shows no gap between salvation and holy walk 1 Cor.5: 7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us:
27. THE PASSOVER <ul><li>Do you need to celebrate now ? </li></ul><ul><li>The law having a shadow of good things to come, </li></ul><ul><li>and not the very image of the things </li></ul><ul><li>(Heb.10: 1) </li></ul><ul><li>For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us: </li></ul><ul><li>(1.Cor.5: 7) </li></ul>
28. THE PASSOVER <ul><li>BELOVED IN CHRIST </li></ul><ul><li>Hope this study on </li></ul><ul><li>PASSOVER is edifying </li></ul><ul><li>Any comments, suggestions, questions </li></ul><ul><li>please write to Email below. </li></ul><ul><li>Email: [email_address] </li></ul>