1. Blogging @ School Parent Information Evening Presented by Graham Wegner 2008
2. This generation of students are digital…
3. digital music http://flickr.com/photos/frotzed/1700990750/
4. digital entertainment http://flickr.com/photos/shapeshift/355874159 /
5. digital communication
6. digital creation http://flickr.com/photos/ahlness/2252207876/
7. Where does education fit in?
8. 1995 World Wide Web connected to wealth of information… … both good and bad www.flickr.com/photos/90921086@N00/56844581
9. “ Students today connect to the online world as part of their life. They figure out the technology part very easily and can manipulate the various applications and tools to communicate with others and to build their own content. Unless someone with the skills, experience and foresight steps in to assist them, they also have to figure out the ethics , the safety and the potential future consequences on their own.” Graham Wegner – May, 2007.
10. The Information Superhighway www.flickr.com/photos/49503155065@N01/381210072
11. Web 1.0 consume read view listen play http://flickr.com/photos/popoever/234877734/
12. Web 2.0 create record write program personalise http://flickr.com/photos/popoever/234877734/
13. Online safety ethics responsibility
14. What’s a blog?
15. Blogging for learning
28. Ethics acknowledge sources respect intellectual property use more freely licensed material check for accuracy www.flickr.com/photos/90921086@N00/56844581
29. Responsibility different points of view clearly expressed ideas correct spelling and good use of English reflect on learning in order to improve www.flickr.com/photos/90921086@N00/56844581
30. In summary, blogging … teaches online skills & safety adds to curriculum areas fosters reflective learning improves digital communication www.flickr.com/photos/90921086@N00/56844581