2. The times, they are a' Changing http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveduarte/3420117809
4. Implications for Open & Distance Learning and Continuing Education? http://www.flickr.com/photos/intherough/5067098977 /
5. 21 st Century Convergence Economic Social Educational ?
6. The Creative Economy “ Members of the creative class...work in a wide variety of industries - from technology to entertainment, journalism to finance, high-end manufacturing to the arts. They...share a common ethos that values creativity, individuality, difference, and merit.” - Richard Florida, The Rise of the Creative Class , 2003 Scott Beale / Laughing Squid
7. This is not about online learning. This is about effective communications as effective community-building .
8. This is also not about Facebook. (except for groups & pages) http://www.flickr.com/photos/cubicgarden/2311507516 /
9. Instead of becoming a separate cyberspace, our electronic networks are becoming deeply embedded in real life. Clay Shirky, Here Comes Everybody, p.196.
18. Now they are global Greater amplification Greater reach Greater unpredictability
19. But. Existing connections are your most valuable asset. http://www.flickr.com/photos/pagedooley/1344619788 /
20. Lesson #3: start now http://www.flickr.com/photos/daniloramosweb/3854330282/ Digital Identity allows you to participate in a participatory economy. But networks & communities don't build themselves.
21. Bonnie Stewart, @bonstewart Images maintain copyright as originally indicated by the creator, all content created by the above is creative commons, attribution. What do you have to gain?