USAID Africa Bureau
• Project Plan: Work with Cooperative Unions in Mbale District
Research about the cooperative and attend meetings
Meet with community (Farmers, exporters, Ministry of Agriculture).
Meet with farmers through events held.
Use community activator groups like students in the area to write about coffee growing on Mount Elgon
• Community Activators: Head of the Board, farmers, schools
• Deliverables: Articles about the cooperative, Images, Articles about Ugandan coffee grown in
Uganda, Recording of ‘ A day in the life of a farmer’
• Project Plan: Work with Fishing Islands on Lake Victoria
Work with ministry of agriculture and fisheries
Go to the islands and approach the different fishing communities in the area
Liaise with a fisher man on the site as a way to research about the communities
Work with schools on the islands
• Deliverables: Article about Fishing in Uganda, Articles about Lake Victoria fishing
communities, Recording of ‘ A day in the life of a fisher’
Eric Lubega and Elias Tuheretze
• Project Plan: Work with communities in Makerere and Busitema University.
Research about extensively about the different Associations in the universities.
Reach out to these associations, colleges and departments through the activators and through attending
Activate the associations in the different meetings they hold.
• Community Activators: Department heads, Heads of Student associations, Dean, Student Guild
• Deliverables: Articles by the student associations , Articles about the University and its
departments, Recording of ‘ A day in the life of a Student’, Content
Poetry/ Comedian communities
• Project Plan: Work with poets in Uganda.
Attend events held by poet/comedian communities
Coordinate with a community activator.
Present at meetings held(latern meet, Poetry in Session)
• Community Activators: Poets, Poetry clubs in schools
• Deliverables: Recordings, Images, Poems(Wiki books), Articles about poets and
poetry in Uganda
Henry Kyemba by Rob C. Croes / Anefo
• Project Plan: Work with FEMRITE whose main strategy in bringing together
women writers from across the continent is to create a sense of belonging for
African Women writers' groups.
Research about the community and read about their different works
Attend Events held and get slots to present about Open
data, Wikipedia, Wikimedia, cc licenses
Hold edit-thons in collaboration with other communities
• Community activator: One of the NGO coordinators, Writer in femrite
• Deliverables: Articles about Authors, Wiki books, images on Wikimedia commons
• Project Plan: Work with different music genres (Gospel, Local performers, Luga flow )
Contact radio stations , promoters so as to get in touch with the different performers.
Contact media houses for content
Find a way to communicate with fans to become activators
• Community Activators: radio stations, promoters, Event managers, fans , Alliance
• Deliverables: Upload of songs on YouTube, Articles about different artists , Articles about
music types in Uganda.
• Project Plan: Busia Uganda- Busia Kenya will be the boarder town I
Research about the town and the different activities.
Hold mapping events
• Community activators: NGO’s in the area, mayor, local council
• Deliverables: Wiki Voyage, Images on Wikimedia commons, Articles
Roger S. Duncan, U.S Navy
• Project Plan: Work with ethnic communities (Busoga
, Buganda, Toro, Bunyoro, Lango, Bakiga)
• Community activators: Tribal student associations.
• Deliverables: Articles about different Tribes, Articles about
Kings and chiefs of Tribes, Fashion etc
by Paresh Jai
• Project Plan: Work with food communities like Kampala food network
, that has an existing social media network.
Research about more food communities in Uganda
Attend events and cooking meets
• Community activators- food communities, market boards, cooking
• Deliverables: Recipes of Ugandan Food, Articles about the different
food in Uganda. Food meets, Images, Videos.
Settlements of interest
• Project Plan: Work in Katanga Slum which is a large slum in Uganda with a
variety of activities, economic, residential. OR Kikoni(A community that has
come up because of its proximity to the university)
Research about the communities
Hold Mapping Events in coordination with mapping day
• Community activators: University Students