Susan W. Hansen
125 Sagamore Dr S.
Liverpool, New York 13090
Provide training, support materials and intake to meet diverse needs in locally
Information Services Librarian & Adult Programs Coordinator, Broome County Public
Library, Binghamton, N.Y., 1998 to June, 2009
• Provided the Four County Libraries reference and advisory service to the central library
• Supported forty-four member libraries with ready reference information to enhance
• Provided book presentations and tours on specific topics as an outreach effort to the
• Updated Science Fiction, Modern, Christian and Western fiction collections to attract
new and current fans.
• Led Microsoft Word and Internet Explorer training for all public users to the library.
• Supported Network Administrator and library building staff to troubleshoot hardware
and online database and Internet Explorer 6 software compatibility issues on seventy
• Developed promotional material and coordinated speakers for over sixty informational
and educational programs annually.
• Evaluated learning outputs in computer training and assisted in developing an annual
survey for the lnformation Services Department.
• Supervised college and high school volunteers and interns by instructing and training
in work methods.
Information Librarian, Vestal Public Library, Vestal, N.Y., 1996 to 1998
• Guided the public in using bibliographic databases to find materials to support
individual research work.
• Provided ready reference information, collected and maintained government pamphlet
file and displays for public use.
• Supervised circulation personnel and pages and responsible for opening and closing
Instructor, Broome-Tioga Board of Occupational and Cooperative Educational
Services, Binghamton, N.Y., 1992 to 1997
• Instructed adults in areas of English in order to ensure their self-sufficiency and job
employability as they reside in the local area.
• Tutored General Equivalency Diploma Examinees in Math, Language Arts, Writing and
• Assisted in establishing training sites for incarcerated, homeless and unemployed
community members in local area.
• Assisted in developing a successful grant proposal that led to additional programs to
coordinate and promote employability training with social agencies in the local area.
• Developed materials in support of outreach efforts to incarcerated, homeless and
unemployed community members outside of the local area.
Bachelor of Arts, History, State University of New York, College at Cortland, 1987
Literacy Volunteers of America, Inc. Fifteen-year Service Recognition, 2009
The Friends of the Broome CountyHonorariums, 2004-2005
New York Library Association
Travel Grant for 2004 Spring
Four County Library System Conference
Special Library Association, UpstateMember
New York Chapter
Master of Library Science and Public Librarian Certificate, State University of New York,
University at Albany, 1996