2. Where is Stonehenge ?It is located in Wiltshire, England
3. When this monument made?The first Stonehenge was a large earthwork probably built around 3100 BC
4. The second stage started around2150 BC. About 82 bluestonesfrom the Preseli mountains insouth-west Wales were brought tothe site
5. Third stage started in2000 BC. The Sarsen stones that they usedwere probably broughtfrom the MarlboroughDowns area nearAvebury, about 25 milesnorth of Stonehenge.
6. After 1500 BC the bluestones were moved into the horseshoe and circle that we see today.
7. How did build it ? Our ancestors used weird tools to make it but no one knows how they did it Antler picks were used for digging; these have given some dateable material. The lintels were probably put on by constructing wooden platforms by which youd lift the stone a few feet at a time. The big sarsens were shaped using stone mauls (which are still lying about the place, not far under the surface). The stones must have been tipped into their holes and Id imagine there had to have been some kind of twine or gut rope to help pull. They probably arrived on some kind of wooden sledges to help them slide along.