7 Tips for Networking
● Resist the urge to arrive late
● Ask easy questions
● Ditch the sales pitch
● Share your passion
● Don’t hijack the conversation
● Remember to follow up
Add a Company
● Admin Tools
● Products and Services
● Follower and Page Statistics
● How do I get started?
○ All you need is a LinkedIn Account and a credit card to get
○ Create an ad – write your ad in minutes using a LinkedIn account
○ Select a target audience – determine which LinkedIn members
should see your ad
○ Set your budget and bid – set a maximum amount you want to
spend and how much you’re willing to pay for clicks or impressions
○ Your ad will be reviewed by a member of our customer support
team, usually within 24 hours. If your ad meets our guidelines and
is approved, it will become active on the LinkedIn.com website.
● How will my ads look?
● Ads consists of these elements:
○ Headline (up to 25 characters of text)
○ Description (up to 75 characters of text)
○ From: (your name or any company)
○ Image: (50x50 pixel image)
○ URL (website people visit once they click on your ad)
● A text-only version of the ad may be shown in locations
such as the top of the LinkedIn.com home page. For tips
on how to create effective ads, review our Best Practices.
● How much does it cost?
○ Controlling your costs
You control how much you spend each day by selecting a bid and
setting a daily budget, which represents the most that you’re willing
to spend each day. You can set your budget as low as $10 or as high
as $1,000 or more. You can start and pause your ads at any time.
○ Pay per click (CPC) or per 1,000 impressions (CPM)
There are two options for how to pay for your ads: Pay per Click
(CPC) and Pay per 1,000 Impressions (CPM). Most people choose
CPC, which means that you pay when someone clicks on your ad.
This payment method allows you to specify a bid – the maximum
amount you’re willing to pay for each click (for example, $3.00 per
○ Each click will cost between $2.00 (the minimum cost per click)
and your bid.
OTHER BUSINESS TOOLS
Work on your Personal or
Company LinkedIn Account