7 Days to get started on Twitter
Before you start marketing your business, learn the basics!
Day 1: Think before you Start
One of my mantras, often used, is about being joined up in your business
That's why in my Twitter Training Course for Marketing, and here, before I even
share any tips for getting started on Twitter, I want to just ask you to spend a bit of
time thinking about Twitter.
How can you do this?
1. Go to http://www.twitter.com/ and have a look at the home page to see what you
think. What are your first impressions?
2. While you are there, pop a search phrase in to see what is being talked about,
with your specialist subject (coaching, supervision, leadership). This will help
give you a feel by LISTENING what is being said already
3. Do some initial market research (conversations and desk research) to find out if
your prospects are using Twitter. Using Social Media Platforms which are already
being used is a way to save lots of time for education!
Day 2: Sign up for a Twitter
1. Go to http://twitter.com and right over on the right hand side you'll see a box
saying "new to Twitter"". Yes that is it - click on right there to sign up for an
account! All you need to do to get started is have an email account, and fill in
your name and choose a user name!
2. Choose a user name which fits your business need - either your personal name,
or a business name. People use both - make it easy to remember and clear.
Alternative is something about what you do, which is why I am coachclaire on
3. When you've created an account, Twitter will send you straight to a page to start
following people. You can do this straight away - I recommend setting up your
account and popping some tweets on before you do!
Day 3: Twitter Language
Twitter itself is a microblogging platform. A blog is traditionally a weblog - a way
of sharing content online (used to be a diary format and is now increasingly used
for sharing great, relevant content for your business).
It's a microblog as you can only Tweet an update of a maximum 140
characters at one time.
That means it is easy to get started and start the conversation!
You tweet in the box at the top where Twitter asks you "What's happening?"
When you send a tweet, it gets seen by the people who follow what you say.
Anyone on Twitter can mention you or send you a reply by using the @username
- you can also see to reply when you hover over an update.
You can also send personal, private messages to people who are following you
using the Direct Message Function - this is also known as a DM.
Day 4: What can I talk about?
1. Use the Twitter Search function to see what others are talking about
2. Share tips relevant to what your customers need help with
3. Share relevant resources - both yours and others
4. Start a conversation with someone who is talking about stuff you are interested
5. Re-purpose content you already have in your business.
Day 5: Finding people to Follow
1. If you use AOL, GoogleMail or YahooMail you can import your connections and see
who is on Twitter
2. You can search by individual name for people to follow
3. You can use one of the many tools to find targetted relevant people - I cover
much more on following indepth in my Twitter Training and in One to One
All you do to follow is click on the "follow" button. You can also unfollow at any time
(hint, don't follow and refollow a lot, Twitter will think you are a spammer!)
2nd hint - don't follow too many at once - quality rather than quantity!
Day 6: Content
Content is king in social media!
Even if it is 140 characters, share useful and relevant content that adds
- Use keywords that link to what you do for a living
- Share useful tips
- Be context specific - answer replies which show what subject you are
- See what language people are using online to help you get ideas for
your website language & real life issues
Day 7: Be Social
Social Media is...well, social!
Or at least it is at it's most effective! If you just want another channel to
sell what you do, and plan to do this aggressively, then Twitter
probably isn't for you!
If you are ready to reach out, to find new people to talk to, to help them
out, and be interested in helping people, then Twitter is for you!
It is like a big flowing river of information. Pick out the bits that are most
relevant for you, and jump into those pools, out of the main stream of
action, to get the most out of the time you spend on Twitter
Find out more...
It can be easy to get started on Twitter, and sometimes it can feel a bit
overwhelming. This is where I can help!
I offer a range of one to one and group coaching solutions for coaches,
consultants and business owners to help them look at social media in
relation to their business.
•Shortcut your learning so you know hints and tips it’s taken me 3 years
to put together!
•Help you think through how Twitter and other social media tools can fit
for your particular business
•Brainstorm what content you can use to meet the needs of your
Book me for training or
Ready for more?
I offer both individual and group training on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Training can be run either face to face or over telephone/ skype with the
addition of webinar access to my screen to help you really consolidate
visually your learning. All training is offered with in-depth technical
notes and checklists.
Prices start from £70 for 1 hour of one to one support or I run Group
Twitter: Now ICF Accredited for 5 CCE’s
Twitter Marketing for Coaches
Twitter Marketing for Other Small Business Owners
About Claire Chapman
• Claire Chapman is the UK Social Media Coach.
• Claire’s passion is to help people “Join Up” their thinking to create
powerful, passionate, connected brand achievements in the work
• Claire works with a range of tribes including Career Professionals
who want to stay ahead of the online game, Business Owners and
• Ready to connect the dots with your personal brand? Contact Claire
• Web: http://www.uksocialmediacoach.co.uk
• Twitter: http://twitter.com/coachclaire
• LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/clairemchapman
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tel: 07815 091 039