• Instructional videos for middle school and high school math.
• Excellent online resource for students to refer to for help outside of class.
• Have your students complete a web quest to earn digital badges using
the Smithsonian’s Centre for Learning and Digital Access.
• Use Skype to have an expert virtually communicate with your class as a
• Cloud computing
• Storage Site
• Sharing your files, presentations
APPS GONE FREE
• This iPad, iPhone app is free to download.
• Get high quality paid apps for free for a period of time.
• You are able to download the full versions free of charge.
• Social networking site
• Find resources
• Connect with other
Create your profile and
connect with others.
• You can connect with your Linkedin, Google+, Facebook and Twitter.
• The idea is that you scoop any concept in which you may like and share
with those around you.
• By attaching it to your Twitter account it will send out a tweet of what you
• Others can then follow and read the information.
• Allows you to save all of your resources in one simple location
• Create a web mix of web resources and share it easily with your class
• Find hundreds of web mixes full of resources for a wide variety of
• Create your own website for your students and have your personal
• No Coding Required.
• Create, research and copy playlists for yourself either through
collaboration, or individually.
• Learning playlists can be embedded into blogs and websites
• Delivers high-quality professional development for teachers, and
allows students to construct their own ideas.
• You are able to find information about any subject area, including
MENTOR MOB EXAMPLE
• Shoot wrap-around panoramic shots and stitches
• Use the web tool for stitching digital photos or use iPhone/iPad app for
• Create quick free accounts that are accessible from anywhere online.
• PowToon is the best free animated presentation online software tool and
PowerPoint alternative that supercharges your presentations and
• Save time and create awesome animated explainer video clips that bring
the WOW factor to your demos, and presentations.
• Create cool social media clips
• Give awesome animated. http://www.powtoon.com/
COOL TOOL FOR SCHOOL
• Great free resources for anything a student or teacher may need.
• Lists in each category to transform your classroom to much more.
COOL TOOLS FOR
• Social bookmarking site
• Highlight, bookmark and comment on your sites.
• Create your own groups
• Create unique and interesting presentation
• Cloud based program
• Collaborative work
• Video library of free instruction and interactive assessments
• Teachers are able to follow what each student is learning and see a realtime report
• Not just science – maths, computer science, history, economics, finances
RED PEN TOOL
• Create your task
• Create your assignment
• Upload the work
• Annotate the work
• Mark the work
• Cloud Computing
• Make your photos, video clips and music into a presentation
• Designed to make visually stunning presentations
• Simple to work with, providing fun finished products
• Start with an idea, add background photos, using either your own or
choose from many preloaded images.
HAIKU DECK EXAMPLE
• Popplet is a place for your brainstorming and organizing ideas.
• It is used as a space to create galleries, record and organize your
thoughts, and most importantly, do it through collaboration.
• Have real time assessments completed.
• Students can be engage virtually with live feeds for full comprehension.
• Find apps relative to the topic of your choice
• Send your findings to your friends.
By: Anita Lesage
SOMETHING TO REMEMBER
• Technology can be used for all curriculum areas.
• Presentations occur in every class
• Organizational tools
• Assessment tools
• Research tools
• Student interaction, collaboration and creativity as part of ISTE nets
• You will adapt and use the tools that best suit your needs for your
• Use these skills to your skill level, and the tools that will work for
you and your students.