1. Brief Intro - 2 paragraphs of who should take your training, what arethe benefits, what students will learn, how is it different from othertrainings (all selling points)This comprehensive Prenatal yoga teacher training at 200 hour levelkeeping with the guidelines of Yoga Alliance will equip students andteachers of yoga who wish to specialize in Prenatal and post natal yogawith an in depth knowledge of techniques, theoretical and practicalcomponents to teaching. The course will also include postnatal yogaand teaching mothers with young children.This course will be among the very few such courses offered that givesa complete and comprehensive training in prenatal and post natal yoga,it will prepare you to be able to effectively lead a prenatal class withstudents at various stages of pregnancy.This course may be suitable to those wishing to further their ownunderstanding of prenatal yoga.Syllabus/ Course contentAsana:Technique, benefits and contraindications of asana applicable tovarious stages of pregnancy and post pregnancy.Pranayaama, relaxation techniques and kriyas suitable for PrenatalPost natal yogaModifications and adjustments to various asana through pregnancy,during labour and delivery and for postnatal recovery.Partner yoga for third trimester.Teaching new mothers and babies – guiding students to return to a safeyoga practice with a new baby.
2. Teachi ng methodologyPrinciples of learning to make adjustments physically and verbally.Observation and learning to make good demonstrationsAssisting effectivelyPractice teaching within the group.Sanskrit:Basic sounds Learning to pronounce the names of asana correctlykey yoga termsCommon chants and how to sing them in meter.Anatomy and Physiology:Human anatomy: human body systems such as the skeletal, muscular,respiratory, circulatory and nervous systems in general.Particular emphasis on the female reproductive system anatomyDevelopment of fetus in the nine months of pregnancy,How labour progressesVarious delivery situations including C-sectionUnderstanding asana correct alignment and therapeutically helpfulasana in common physical conditions that manifest during pregnancy.Pranayaama, relaxation techniques and kriyasYoga anatomy / the energy body Nadis or channels in the bodyVayus or winds particularly those to be harnessed during labour anddeliveryYoga nidra: yoga relaxationVarious techniques of pranayaama and the appropriate ways to dothem.MeditationAyurveda and Diet:Basic principles of avuyrvedaIntroduction to elements and doshas depending on prakriti or personalconstitution.Use of specific foods during pregnancyTraditional avuyrvedic foods to help with nursing and postnatalrecovery.Teaching:Voice modulationEffective demonstration
3. Non-verbal communication in classSetting motivation for the class and closing of a sessionSequencingEthics and morality as a yoga teacherDeveloping your own unique style as a teacher.Keeping the focus: continuing personal practice and teaching.PhilosophyHistory of yogaDifferent styles of yogaWomen yoginisPrenatal yogaMajor Lineages and major textsBuddhism, Jainism and HinduismScheduleStarts January 14, 2011 and ends April 21, 2011Sample structure:Tuesday to Friday7:00pm – 9:00pm Practical class intensive,Saturday9:00am – 1:00pm Practical class, Lecture & workshopsSunday9:00am – 12:00pm Practical class, Lecture & workshopsSpecial notes:No classes on MondaysFebruary 3 and 4, March 26 and 27 will be holidaysClass on April 21 will be from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pmRequirementsKeen interest wanting to specialize in prenatal and postnatal yoga.You should have had a steady yoga practice for at least one year.Written essay as to why you wish to teach pre-natal yoga.(Please look at application form)Hundred percent attendances and the dedication to complete allassignments.You will be required to submit assignments and be prepared totake written tests during the program.
4. Recommended reading before starting the courseYoga morality: George FeuersteinNawa yogini Tantra: Bihar school of yogaYoga a Gem for women: Geeta IyengarOther reading required reading would be suggested and madeavailable during the course.Language of instruction: EnglishFaculty:Sujata Cowlagi:Sujata has taught prenatal and post natal yoga in India, UnitedStates and Singapore for more than nine years.Her foundation in yoga practice began in her home country India,where she trained with various teachers including JehangirPalkhiwala, senior Iyengar teachers, and her main teacher SwamiNikhildev. After moving to New York and subsequently toSingapore she studied with various western teachers and iscertified at 500 hour Yoga Alliance level. She has had the privilegeof having an understanding in eastern and western approaches tolearning and teaching yoga.Sujata is passionate about the well being of women and childrenand is committed to sharing her insights through teaching yoga.She also full time mother of two children.She has recorded and co-produced a Sanskrit CD and has guestbeen a guest faculty at seminars, schools and other groups.Sujata is deeply grateful to her teachers and their teachers and isvery pleased to offer this program at Pure.Jane Mackarness: Prenatal and postnatal yoga and teacher trainerwith more than thirty years of experience. Jane teaches in Englandand will be international guest faculty for this program.PRE NATAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
5. 200-hr Yoga Alliance Certified Programme14 January - 21 AprilNgee Ann City - SingaporeThe Pre-natal Yoga Teacher Training is a 14-week part- timeevening and weekend course, designed to providecomprehensive training in pre-natal and post-natal yogato dedicated students and aspiring teachers. It will provide youthe necessary skills to lead classes in yoga for womenin various stages of pregnancy and for young motherswith their children.This highly specialized course will include: Asanas and relaxation techniques suitable for various stages of pregnancy, during labour and post-natal recovery Techniques of Pranayama and kriyas Elements of Anatomy and physiology; Basics of Sanskrit, Ayurveda and dietetics Teaching techniques, with emphasis on practiceSujata Cowlagi will lead this programme,with Jane Mackarness as international guest faculty.Sujata Cowlagi is an experienced teacher,certified at 500 hour Yoga Alliance level. RenownedIndian masters Jehangir Palkhiwala and Swami Nikhil devhave been among her teachers. She combines the best ofEastern and Western approaches to yoga in herseveral years of teaching in Singapore.Jan Mackarness is a pre natal yoga teacherwith over 30 years of experience in England.Yoga Alliance SchoolPure Yoga is a registered school with Yoga Alliance.Our teacher training programmes are internationally accredited,with exclusive recognition and qualify for200-hr in Yoga Alliance Certification.
6. Yoga Alliance is an international governing boardfor yoga teachers and training programmes in the U.S.and globally. Graduates of our programme areautomatically eligible to register as RYT(Registered Yoga Teacher) with Yoga Alliance.Becoming RYT means having a higher profileand gaining international recognition as aYoga teacher attributes that many hiring studios look for.Course requirements ( can be reworde thus)Steady yoga practice, for at least one yearZeal to specialize in pre-natal yoga, as articulated in a written essay, as specified in the application formCent per cent atendanceCompletion of assignments/ written tests