Jesus gave us some advice on how we should Pray… He said… 5"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. REWARD IN FULL
HYPOCRITES The word Jesus uses to describe those who make a big show of praying more for show to the rest of the public rather than driven for reasons of Faith and belief. An act of praying for show without having an inner compulsion or desire for living a righteous life. For this reason Jesus tells us that they had received their reward in full. Meaning that they have got what they wanted… TO BE SEEN AND ACCEPTED IN SOCIETY AS RIGHTEOUS PERSONS
…and also He tells us how we should pray… In Matthew 6 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. And he tells us…
Our Lords Prayer Matthew, Chapter 6 9"This, then, is how you should pray: 1. Our Father which art in Heaven,2. hallowed be Thy Name.3. Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.4. Give us this day our daily bread.5. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.6. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.Amen.
The Lords Prayer Jesus composed the LORDS PRAYER in such a way as it would pass through ages without any alterations. He established FATHER TO SON relationship between us and the Lord Jesus introduced God as a merciful FATHER OF HUMANITY By the Lords prayer Jesus established the possibility for us to have a DIRECT COMMUNICATION WITH GOD. The Prayer begins by us addressing the prayer to Our FATHER IN HEAVEN 1. Our Father which art is heaven…
2. HALLOWED BE THY NAME. After addressing the prayer to our Father in Heaven Jesus tells us to praise God as “HALLOWED” meaning "HOLY“. In this manner Jesus reveals to us God's nature as HOLY, PERFECT AND ETERNALLY GOOD - the embodiment of the perfect good We are told to worship and praise God as Hallowed or the Holy one…
3. THY KINGDOM COME, THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN. Jesus brought to us a new covenant with God and the path to achieve GODS KINGDOM Jesus laid the foundation and the path for Humanity to achieve GODS KINGDOM He has told us to PRAY AND SEEK FOR GODS WILL to be carried out in all whatever we do By this prayer phase Jesus tells us to pray that Gods will would be carried out on Earth as in Heaven - where the Lord reigns supreme.
4. GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD. Our parents only give us good gifts that benefits us because THEY LOVE US. And as children we expect to receive many things from our parents All of us are the children of a Father that loves us It is HIS WILL that our lives be Abundant…. Joyful and Righteous. Just like how we wish for our children Here we ask from our Father in Heaven for or daily food and sustenance
GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD. THE LORDS PRAYERhappens to be the most recited prayer by Christians - world over… When we pray ‘ Give us our daily bread’…do we truly ask God - in FAITH or merely recite this prayer much like a parrot.
5. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors Most Christians recite this PRAYER PHRASE without meaning it. We are asking our Father in Heaven to forgive our Sins…AS WE FORGIVE OTHERS WHO HAVE DONE HARM TO US! HOW MANY CHRISTIANS TRULY PRACTICE THIS…?
But do we keep this promise…? We are SEEKING FORGIVENESS while PROMISING TO FORGIVE others who have wronged us. Every time we recite this prayer phrase we ask our Heavenly father to forgive us our Sins. And each time we recite the Lords prayer we promise that we are willing to FORGIVE others…
We must be prepared to for give others… We have to remember that IF WE ARE TO RECEIVE FORGIVENESS FOR OUR SINS…
6. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. We are calling upon our Father to protect us from being led in to various temptations and also for protection from the evil one A plea made to God seeking His power for our protection…
The Lords prayer is the most wonderful prayer as thought to us by Jesus But do we pray this in Faith is of Critical importance Do we recite it without understanding the true power that is contained in this prayer. Pray in Faith
We address this prayer to our God the Father in Heaven We acknowledge Him as the Holy one We pray that His will be done on earth as it is done in heaven We pray ask Him for our daily sustenance We ask Him to forgive our Sins and promise Him that we are forgiving those who have done wrong to us And finally we seek His power for our protection from the forces of Evil THE LORDS PRAYER
Thank you It is a prayer that can change your Life… …IF WE RECITE THIS PRAYER IN FAITH RATHER THAN RECITING IT AS A PARROT WITHOUT ANY CONSCIOUS THOUGHT TO ITS IMPORTANCE God Company Sri Lanka email@example.com