15 Ways to Use Edmodoadapted from: http://www.slideshare.net/seyfert6/20-ways-to-use-edmodo
1. Peer review / collaborative writingStudents can upload theirwriting for other students toreviewStudents can add theircomments and upload theedited versionThey can also leave commentsand reactions under the post
2. Role playingHelp students understand keyevents or everyday situationsby reenacting them throughrole playing activities. Write extra emails ofcomplaint for students torespond to outside class Create a «What if» scenariofor students to respond to
3. Backchannel discussionsEncourage real-time discussionsabout: • In-class or holiday readers • In-class movies • Course topics Breaking news stories, TV shows,events in Istanbul etc. Mobile website and iPhone/Androidapps provide easy access to Edmodoanytime, anywhere.
4. Embed Padlet (Wallwisher)Give wall posts a morecollaborative feel byembedding PadletStimulate brainstormingsessions by posting achallenging question, aquote or interesting fact
5. Grammar and punctuation!Encourage students to peercheck posts for spelling andgrammar Require students to post incomplete words and sentence(i.e. “you” not “u”, “I” not “i”) Teach students proper use ofsocial media tools to helpprepare them for ourconnected world
6. Project based learningTake a project-based approached to learning bycreating Edmodo sub groups. Students can collaborate and work towardsspecific goals together in small groups. The Edmodo platform allows for anytime,anywhere communication between students. All group information can be shared and storedin Edmodo for easy access by all groupmembers.
7. Organise learning materials Upload useful learning materials to your class libraries Upload good examples of student work Organise materials by topics that are relevant to each individual class Students can access these materials at home for extra study
8. Create quizzes (and Embed Quizlet!) Create vocabulary quizzes totest definitions and meaning Test students’ knowledge of in-class or holiday readers Embed a «Quizlet»http://quizlet.com/help/can-i-embed-quizlet-on-my-website
9. International projectsConnect your classroom withother classrooms within yourschool or around the globe. Join an Edmodo subject areacommunity to connect withother teachers around theglobe.
10. Informal book clubsEncourage students to readand help make their readingexperience more engagingwith an Edmodo book club. Facilitate discussions withwriting prompts. Connect with otherclassrooms around the globefor book discussions.
11. School ClubsEdmodo is a great collaborationtool for your clubs. Use the calendar feature to markimportantdates/matches/meets/practices Notifications will help you updatethe group on important messages Post results, pictures, etc. for thegroup to view.
12. Generate interest with polls Create a poll to generate interest in your next topic Create a poll for the end of a topic or unit Get student feedback about topics, preferences, what they have enjoyed, what they find difficult etc.
13. Stay up to dateEdmodo is great for communicatingwhen you or one of your studentsare absent from school. Provide notes, assignments or examtopics to students who are absent Communicate updates or check inwith your your class if you are absentfrom school.
14. Mobile LearningGive your students an interactiveeducational experience throughmobile devices. Update posts during holidays! Post photos and create scavenger hunt questions, polls or quiz questions along the way. 15
15. RSS FeedKeep up with all your favoriteblogs through Edmodo! Create an Edmodo group,retrieve the RSS links for theblogs you like to read and addthem to the group. Stay organized and up-to-datewith content being shared bybloggers in your PLN.