1. Student writing projectsGive your students an enriching writingexperience through Edmodo. Help students tap into individualism, buildself-esteem and measure how far they’vecome during the school year with writingprojects: • Class Blog • “Flat Stanley”project • “This I Believe” project Edmodo provides students a platform forsharing their writing with teachers, peersand family.
2. Role Playing*Help students understand key eventsby reenacting them through roleplaying activities. Create student profiles for relevantfigures and integrate knowledge inaction. Inject life into old curriculum andhelps students develop the skills ofinitiative, communication, problem-solving, self-awareness, and workingcooperatively in teams.
3. Backchannel DiscussionsEncourage real-time discussions throughEdmodo. • Read alouds • In-class movies • Professional development events Extend learning beyond the classroomwalls. (Backchannel during current events-e.g. State of the Union, Elections,breaking news stories, etc.)•Mobile website and iPhone/Androidapps provide easy access to Edmodoanytime, anywhere.
4. Language PracticeSpice up your foreign languageclass by having students write andrespond to questions in Edmodo. Encourages students to practicetheir language skills through reallife conversations. Create a co-classroom with otherstudents from across the globe tohelp students learn from eachother.
5. Grammar and PunctuationHelp your students improve theirgrammar and punctuation byenforcing proper usage on Edmodo. Require students to post in completewords and sentence (i.e. “you” not“u”, “I” not “i”). Teach students proper use of socialmedia tools to help prepare them forour connected world.
6. Communicate with Parents* Keep parents up-to-date on classroom activities during the semester through parent accounts on Edmodo. Send a message to students and parents inyour class each week to keep them updated onall of the events and achievements of yourclass. Provides a way for parents to reach out to youfor one-on-one discussions.
7. Book Clubs*Encourage students to read and helpmake their reading experience moreengaging with an Edmodo book club. Host after school book clubs orsummer book clubs. Facilitate discussions with writingprompts. Connect with other classroomsaround the globe for bookdiscussions.
8. Mobile LearningGive your students an interactiveeducational experience through mobiledevices. Bring Edmodo on your next field trip Post photos and create scavenger hunt questions, polls or quiz questions along the way. Great for backchannel discussions 9
9. Sick days & extended leaveEdmodo is great for communicatingwhen you or one of your studentsare absent from school. Provide notes, assignments or otherupdates to students who are absent. Communicate updates or check inwith your your class if you are absentfrom school.
10. Teacher LoungeCreate a “teacher lounge” whereteachers within your school candiscuss ideas and share content. Creates a casual environment whereonline discussions can take place. Share ideas, files and links between avoluntary group of teachers. Teachers can contribute on their owntime.
11. Planning CommitteesWhether you’re planning yourschool play, the annual fundraiseror next year’s curriculum, Edmodomakes it easier through onlinecollaboration. Invite teachers, students, parents, or administrators to join. Share ideas and content with all group members. Allows for ongoing dialogue at the convenience of your group members.
12. Tutor ConnectionCreate a group on Edmodo to connectwith any tutors working with yourstudents. Allows you to communicate upcomingassignments, quizzes or tests Enables you and the tutor to shareideas, content and advice to that willfurther advance the learning potential ofthe studentInclude parents in on the discussions
13. Project Based Learning*Take a project-based approached to learning bycreating Edmodo sub groups. Students can collaborate and work towardsspecific goals together in small groups. The Edmodo platform allows for anytime,anywhere communication between students. All group information can be shared and storedin Edmodo for easy access by all groupmembers.
14. Reading CritiqueTake reading to the next level by havingstudents critique each other. Students can upload and listen to audiofiles directly on Edmodo. Promotes encouragement betweenstudents in the classroom.Helps improve listening skills Not limited to reading, can also do artcritiques, writing critiques, etc.
15. Co-teaching*Connect your classroom with otherclassrooms within your school oraround the globe. Co-teachers can help gradeassignments, monitor discussions, andpost files or comments to the group. Join an Edmodo subject areacommunity to connect with otherteachers around the globe.
16. “Sub Hub” Provide your sub an easy way to help manage students and stay connected with you. Create a student account for your sub so they can participate in your Edmodo class, without gaining access to your account. Allows you to communicate with your sub and students, plus view all classroom activity, even while you’re away.
17. Science Probes*Engage your students throughscience probes on Edmodo. Post videos and other interactive tosupplement Those students who are too shy toraise their hand in class, usually feelmore comfortable communicatingonline.
18. RSS FeedKeep up with all your favorite blogsthrough Edmodo! Create an Edmodo group, retrievethe RSS links for the blogs you like toread and add them to the group. Stay organized and up-to-date withcontent being shared by bloggers inyour PLN.
19. School ClubsEdmodo is a great collaborationtool for district wide clubs likeRobotics, Forensics, sports teams,etc. Use the calendar feature to markimportantdates/matches/meets/practices. Notifications will help you updatethe group on important messages . Post results, pictures, etc. for thegroup to view.
20. Alumni GroupsAfter the school year ends, keep intouch with students and help themstay connected with each other. Create one alumni group for allyour classes to join Distribute group code at the endof the year
Support1 Join the 20 Ways to Use Edmodo group: Group code: 61ulgl2 Check out our Edmodo In Action Videos:http://help.edmodo.com/ideas3 Implement one of these ideas and tell us how it worked: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Connected1 Follow the Edmodo blog: www.blog.edmodo.com2 Follow us on Twitter and Facebook: www.twitter.com/edmodo www.facebook.com/edmodo3 Connect with me! www.edmodo.com/Lucia