Plastic is EVERYWHERE
Bag It The Movie
• Plastic is:
– Mostly single use
– Impacting marine life and our ocean
– Impacting human health (BPA, phthalates)
Bag It Trailer
Single Use Plastic
Use for Minutes, Last for Years
Marine life and our ocean
-Plastic pieces out-number food for marine life
-80% of trash from land ends up in the ocean
-Over 260 species are affected
"The ocean is the blue heart of the planet, we should take care of our heart."
Sylvia Earle, National Geographic Explorer
In the US a chemical has to be proven harmful
before it’s NOT sold to the public.
BPA and phthalates are found in plastic.
Can cause (to name only a few):
Plastic Gets Political
102 cities and countries have banned plastic bags
-Germany, South Africa, India, South Korea
This does not include:
-The United States
So what is the message?
Use Less Plastic
(it will be here a while)
• Interviews: everyday people and researchers
• Health trials (doctors): to test BPA and
Phthalates in body
• Feeling alarmed
• Make simple changes in everyday life
• Be informed
• Pass on the information
What are viewers saying?
• "A powerful and deceptively simple movie that is sure to change the
way you look at every day objects. I didn't expect a movie about
plastic bags to change my life in such a deep and profound way.”
• “Gripping, funny, intelligent and sure to change your life.”
• “See BAG IT – and Bag all of the useless, toxic and ugly plastic
cluttering up YOUR life.”
So was it Effective?
Partly No: individuals who do not see plastic as a
problem are not drawn to see Bag It in the
So was it Effective?
Mostly Yes: individuals who know plastic is a
problem are now better informed.
The film is both personal and informational.
Post film questions:
How long does it take for a plastic bag to
What type of plastic is actually recycled?
What are the steps to banning plastic
Our roles as an individual:
1. Be simple and reduce waste.
2. Stay away from single use plastic products.
3. Be informed and smart about decision
making. Choose to use your brain!
• If the Unites States is supposed to be a global
leader, why haven’t we banned plastic bags?
• Why do we continue to use harmful
chemicals that impact our health and the
health of our children both born and unborn?
Plastic Bag Free: