How To Launch a Product LinePresentation Transcript
How To Launch an
Artisan Food Business
• Idea Stage
• Name & Logo
• Getting Started
• Key Focuses
• Good Practices
• Useful Links
• What gap am I filling?
• First Step to Creating a brand identity- a distinguishable name and logo
• Black and white
• Easy to remember, pronounce, and spell
• Can you get the trademark?
Name & Logo
• Don't leave your job initially
• Look for good deals / alternatives to build your business & get creative
• Don't overspend, bank loans are difficult to get!
• Trust your gut instincts
• Ask for help!
• Base your actions on clear results & key things
• Set big targets and then break them down into goals
• Be willing to make sacrifices
• Find your strengths and weaknesses
• Test test test!
• Don't be stubborn and keep an open mind
• Problem solving and positive attitude
• Be nice!
• Book Keeping
• Business plan?
• Jump in the deep end
– Start It Up; Luke Johnson
– Packed – The Food Entrepreneur’s Guide; Tessa Stuart
• Also recommended: Monique Borst’s Start Up Food Business Boot Camp
• Go to your local library or business centre