1. WEBDESIGNTRENDS2011An collection of online opinions
2. 2011 is not about beauty, it’s about function.Jacqueline ThomasMore user-friendly, less colorful and with fewerwhistles and bells, but still capable of deliveringmultimedia rich experience to the users.Inseven designs...the most effective pages had less than 3 criticalelements on them. Designers are using softercolors and pages are taking on a pastel revolutionof minimalism.Benr Rama
3. Content will be king in 2011.Andy SowardsWeb fonts, social sharing, personalized contentand much more emphasis on faster loading speedsand optimization for mobile devices.Jacob Cass
4. Pantone Colour of the Year! PANTONE 18-2120 Honeysuckle: A Vibrant, Energetic Hue. A Color for All Seasons. Courageous. Confident. Vital. A brave new color, for a brave new world. Let the bold spirit of Honeysuckle infuse you, lift you and carry you through the year. Its a color for every day - with nothing "everyday" about it.
5. Mobile Web designs in multiple viewports Designing for touch screens Using liquid/fluid layouts & responsive design Reinterpretation of the old web 2.0 look... Simple icons & front perspective vv
6. CSS3 / HTML5 Becoming more main stream New browser features means that design elements which previously tookhours of design with Photoshop - like drop shadows and rounded corners - cannow be created with a few keystrokes. Designers can finally use professionalfonts without the clunky work-arounds that have been used in the past and thelong awaited web canvas will allow designers to manipulate graphics in thebrowser rather than merely reshuffling pre-fabricated images. For designersthese combined changes are like upgrading from scissors and glue to usingpaint and canvas.New technology... A revolution in web design means web sites will sooncombine the richness of magazine layouts with the interactivity of computergames. Interactive pages being built with little or no Flash.
7. CSS3 / HTML5...in 2011 the difference between designers who simplydesign and let the developers sort through theimplementation and those that understand the full processand can design thoughtful CMS friendly designs will becomeeven more evident.Patrick McNeil
8. Typography Richer and stronger typography with webfonts becoming main stream & thegrowth of font-replacement technology Reducing kerning and tracking values for better mobile visibility SubTrend: Print Design Inspired Sites
9. Grids Even more focus on grid-based design – more flexible, breaking away fromtraditional layouts (header, content column, sidebar, footer) Single page designs Magazine like design “Editorial layout" which will enable the visitors to find information on thewebsite more easily.
11. Depth Perception Depth Perception in Web Design - http://www.plantate.net/ Parallax Scrolling - http://www.rowtothepole.com/
12. Desktop Application UI InfluenceWebsites can often look like an application....Everything from modal windows, context menus, OS inspired buttons, and moreare being brought into the web design environment in new and exciting ways…The end result: sites that feel more user friendly and natural.
13. Massive ImagesBetter image optimization, faster internet connections, and smarter loadingmethods mean larger images being used.Content-relevant & part of the experience
14. Texture!● More designs are starting to feel “touchable”● New style of combining grungy textures along with clean interfaces and boldtypefaces
15. Infographic Driven Designsyummy! v v
16. Constant Connection● Feeds / activity● Social Media Convergence
17. Crispy, pixel perfect web elements●Because of multiple resolutions for different devices●Same content but with much more detail and richness
18. And some more... Thumbnail design awareness – Google Really big images & oversized logos/headers are a new effort in branding forwebsites Lighter & brighter designs More interactive web apps (inspired by iPhone apps) Simple legible symmetrical logo design Letterpress typography continues... Attention to details with sewn-like elements, badges and banners