Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 14 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
• Multiple stage alignment papers (Comparative
• Ontology (tracks the hierarchy and progression of
• XenoBase, Zfa, Mouse Atlas Project
• SES stages are supposed to be used to
standardize nomenclature across vertebrate
• Stage Alignment helps comparative biology
– In hourglass project will help determine clusters of
stages more defined than early, middle, late
Stage Alignment Based on user inputted
Generates common features
list using interspecific
mappings , outputs absence
Filtering algorithm, filters
based on what user
wants to be included in
Using common OGGs (Euclidean correlation
Using SES text mining matrices (Euclidean
correlation across stages)
Using common 144 features (Euclidean correlation
• Uberon lacks a lot of mapping (for lower level
• Zfa: 345 listings
• Mmus: 415 listings
• Xenopus: 2245 listings
– Bugs and assumptions made
– Need to used anatomical reference ontology
• Uberon not ideal for matching anatomical parts
• K-means clustering
• Like-wise comparisons reveals a lack of specific
– The ends are disrupted.
Be the first to like this
Number of Embeds
You have now unlocked unlimited access to 20M+ documents!
Learn faster and smarter from top experts
Download to take your learnings offline and on the go
You also get free access to Scribd!
Instant access to millions of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, podcasts and more.
Read and listen offline with any device.
Free access to premium services like Tuneln, Mubi and more.