Why claim/list my business?• 97% of consumers search for local businesses online• Help your business stand out• It’s FREE and EASY• Online reputation management – what are people saying about your business?• Update specials, photos, hours & more
Click on “SIGN UP” and complete registration. Listings cannot be transferred from one account to another. It is bestfor you to set-this up yourself and keep the logincredentials.
Step 2 – Sign in to Google and search for your listing.• Go to www.google.com/places
Step 2 – Sign in to Google and search for your listing.• Go to www.google.com/places click “Get Started Now” Scenario 1 – Your business listing is found, continue through the form fields entering your information. Claim and begin updating your business listing. Scenario 2 – Your business listing is NOT found. Create your listing by entering the information about your business. Then submit. You will have to wait for your PIN number to arrive on a postcard in the mail. When your PIN arrives, go back to your Google Places account and enter your PIN to claim your listing.
After you complete all fields and submit your information, you will be prompted toreceive a verification code. You can then select which method you choose.
Once you have verified your listing, you will receive an email stating that yourbusiness will be included in the listings in 10-20 days.
Your dashboard allows you to track your reputation, make changes to your listing andmore.
How to Promote Your Business on Facebook1) Go to www.facebook.com2) Log in using your personal username and password. If youdo not already have a username and password, sign up bycompleting the section below.
3) Click on “Pages and Ads” in the left column
6) Complete all the information boxes in the “Local Business or Place” box, click “I agree to Facebook Pages Terms”, and click on “Get Started”.-
7) Add a picture, such as your business logo or a photo ofyour storefront, by clicking on either “Upload FromComputer” or “Import From Website”, depending on wherethe file is stored. Then, click on “Save Photo” at bottom, andthen “Next”. Capitalize on your business’s brand.
8) Add information about your business and, if you haveone, a link to your business’s website or Twitter page.Then click on “Save Info” at the bottom. And… link to your Facebook page on your website.
9) Choose a unique Facebook web address to make it easierfor people to find your Page. Facebook will make a suggestion,but you can also choose your own. Once this is set, it cant bechanged. Then click on “Set Address” at the bottom.
10) Facebook will show you a series of ways to spreadword about your new Facebook page, either by“Liking” it, by sharing it with your Facebook friends,and by emailing it to other non-Facebook contacts.
And, today’s most important lesson… KEEP UPDATING FACEBOOKUpdate your status with promotions, specials, events,or other news your customers would find of interest. Our new menu starts today, come by & see some old favorites, try a new features or our fantastic Happy Hour. New Roger eyewear has arrived! So fun, come in and play.